SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ CC - Saturday Revenge Game

cowboys5xsbs

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

We have about as weak of an AD as you can have. UND will not part ways with him even if things get worse. 

Why do you say that (your second sentence?  I don’t necessarily disagree maybe but curious what’s the basis for it in your opinion.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

4-1 and 6-4 losses to DU (2016) just hit different than 7-1 and 6-2 losses to CC this season.
Coincidentally enough, that 2016 team also played UMD at home the following weekend after getting swept in CO.
The 2016 team swept UMD.  If we do the same to UMD next weekend, then we can start talking comparisons.

I find it odd that he’d refer to something that happened 8 years ago. Different team and different decade. 

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/team/North-Dakota/40/gamebygame,20152016

One can only hope to repeat the path from this season after getting swept in the state of Colorado.   Need to do some soul searching and get back to the type of game they displayed against Denver three weeks ago.  That seems like ages ago, but maybe they became full of themselves.

I don't think Austin Poganski has any eligibility left to help out when one of next weeks games goes to OT.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

-We didn't score the puck....

-We didn't stop the puck....

-We weren't physical enough...

-The lines weren't gelling....

-Our d zone sucked....

-The announcer was a moron....

-And I'm sure @Godsmack has officially turned into a CC fan....

Not a great weekend.  

I’ve always been a CC fan but I bleed green through and through. This weekend fricking stings. I’m royally frustrated and pissed off. 

This team is good but not even close to great.  Evident by the number of OT games it has played this season.  If you THINK you are one of the top programs in the country no way in hell you get pushed to OT as often as they have been.   There was a narrative going that they had a 19 game unbeaten streak.  No way as they actually lost some of those ganes in OT not just a shootout.  At this point they are slightly above average. 

48 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I can't believe all the empty seats.  First time ranked in how many years and they can't even get butts in the seats?
That said, their chant is accurate.

Because tickets were over $100 resale, they thought UND fans would still buy them. Well they didn’t …… 

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Because tickets were over $100 resale, they thought UND fans would still buy them. Well they didn’t …… 

My buddy delighted in the fact he sold his three seats for last night’s game for $110 a piece and that whoever paid that much got to see UND get killed. He assumes it had to have been UND fans who bought those tickets. Can’t say for certain but likely it was some UND fans who purchased them. Doubt any CC fan would pay that much.

The unsettling thing that I hope sticks in these kids heads is when all of the CC fans chanted “OVERRATED”!!!!  

Truth be told, Mbereko was outstanding and our team looked like a bunch of high schoolers. Out of position, making blind passes. No guidance. Berry is an empty suit this weekend.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Teams lose sometimes. Sometimes bad. Sometimes twice in a row. 

I'm sure und will be fine

So you’re saying that the same people that were talking national championships after the Denver series a few weeks ago, are overreacting to one weekend?  Funny how they expect college kids to not get too low, or too high, but they can change their tune from one minute to the next within the same game. Why not let the season play out then make judgements, after all these are the same players they were so high on after the Denver series.

• Upvote 1

CC is a team that no one wants to play. I’m a Denver fan and know that is the truth. People lose sight of the fact that Kaiden Mbereko is not just another goaltender. Watch this sophomore play and you realize that you are watching a future NHL All Star. UND put up 45 shots. It wasn’t at all a lackluster effort. They just couldn’t beat Mbereko. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Why do you say that (your second sentence?  I don’t necessarily disagree maybe but curious what’s the basis for it in your opinion.

Berry is likely secure in his position unless something extremely serious occurs. The season could completely fail, yet he would still remain. This isn’t to advocate for his dismissal, but rather to highlight that under most conditions, Chaves wouldn’t dismiss him.