SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night in Stearns County

Oxbow6

That was a FUN Series to watch!  Love Geno Parish.  Love the "student broadcast" talk in the beginning, which was obviously in defense of screwing up NDSU/UND (lol).  Thought they were gonna address that specifically for a second.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

That was a FUN Series to watch!  Love Geno Parish.  Love the "student broadcast" talk in the beginning, which was obviously in defense of screwing up NDSU/UND (lol).  Thought they were gonna address that specifically for a second.

I will give them credit that their commentary was better than the BU commentators. At least Geno complimented UND through out the broadcast

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

St. Cloud acting like they swept the weekend. Last time I checked, 4 points is greater than 2.

All you gotta do is look in the rafters of the Herb to understand why they'd react like that. 

*cough* participation banners *cough*

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

All you gotta do is look in the rafters of the Herb to understand why they'd react like that. 

Maybe the Huskies just needed a hug?

Sioux were very resilient tonight sending the game to OT...they totally dominated the 3 on 3 sideshow; not sure how they didn't pot one there.  I'll take a win and tie against a tough league opponent on the road any time!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

To the talking heads on Twitter that say the banners are all we talk about.....

You know it's true ;)

30 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

NCHC 3 on 3 is a joke...if you're going to settle an OT tie with a shootout (for the extra point) why not just play 5 on 5.  It's like you play a great 5 on 5 game for 60 minutes then turn it into a f*cking free throw shooting contest in OT.  It's more about puck posession and waiting for the perfect setup/shot.  Sorry, just not a fan.  

It doesn’t really help in the PWR at all so why have 3x3

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

NCHC 3 on 3 is a joke...if you're going to settle an OT tie with a shootout (for the extra point) why not just play 5 on 5.  It's like you play a great 5 on 5 game for 60 minutes then turn it into a f*cking free throw shooting contest in OT.  It's more about puck posession and waiting for the perfect setup/shot.  Sorry, just not a fan.  

All college hockey has 3 on 3 as it also affects the pairwise. After playing to a tie during regulation you play 5 minutes of gimmick hockey to determine who gets the game for pairwise. I personally dont think it should have as much affect on pairwise as much as it does. It use to be a 55 - 45 split but then they changed it to even more. 

37 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

All college hockey has 3 on 3 as it also affects the pairwise. After playing to a tie during regulation you play 5 minutes of gimmick hockey to determine who gets the game for pairwise. I personally dont think it should have as much affect on pairwise as much as it does. It use to be a 55 - 45 split but then they changed it to even more. 

Now it's 65-35 if you lose in 3-on-3 OT hockey. 

1 hour ago, siouxweet said:

Go 4x4 and have a win count as a full win?

This is what I have been advocating for.

4x4 for 10 minutes.

If the game ends tied, then so be it.

Go back to 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and zero points for a loss.

And, above all else.....

NO MORE SHOOTOUTS.

• Upvote 4