SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night in Stearns County

Oxbow6

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Anybody have a good angle replay of UND's third goal?  I still have no idea how that went in.

They were about to show the overhead replay and then the "professional" production crew cut to something else. 
Similar to how they didn't have time to show the overhead replay on the shot that looked like it went in but didn't even review.

17 hours ago, brianvf said:

They were about to show the overhead replay and then the "professional" production crew cut to something else. 
Similar to how they didn't have time to show the overhead replay on the shot that looked like it went in but didn't even review.

Yeah, I was all ready to watch this, but then it never happened.  Does anybody understand what happened that can provide a sentence or two write-up?  I tried watching the live video while pausing to keep track of the puck, and I can't find it.  All of a sudden, it's somehow in the net and we're celebrating.  At first I thought it probably slid under the net from the back or side and it wouldn't even count, but with no challenge from SCSU, I presumed that's not what happened.  Did it come in from the top, like behind the goalie's shoulder/back??  Just a weird weird sequence all around.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Yeah, I was all ready to watch this, but then it never happened.  Does anybody understand what happened that can provide a sentence or two write-up?  I tried watching the live video while pausing to keep track of the puck, and I can't find it.  All of a sudden, it's somehow in the net and we're celebrating.  At first I thought it probably slid under the net from the back or side and it wouldn't even count, but with no challenge from SCSU, I presumed that's not what happened.  Did it come in from the top, like behind the goalie's shoulder/back??  Just a weird weird sequence all around.

Berg got one more touch in behind the next and banked it in off Basse's skate.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ok.  While I can't actually see this happen, I at least can understand how it happened.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He tried the bank play on one side, didn't work...then tried it on the other side 3sec later and it worked.  :) 

• Upvote 1

I think its very Jan Brady of St Cloud to continue to name their rink after the guy that build them an oversized pink elephant rink that handicaps them every time they go on the road, and especially in the NCAA's. (And very Jan Brady not to change the size of rink, as if Herbie would strike back at them from the afterlife if they changed it.)

I wonder ... if SCSU had an NHL rink, how many NCAA titles they would have.  They've been as good or better than Duluth for as long...

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I think its very Jan Brady of St Cloud to continue to name their rink after the guy that build them an oversized pink elephant rink that handicaps them every time they go on the road, and especially in the NCAA's. (And very Jan Brady not to change the size of rink, as if Herbie would strike back at them from the afterlife if they changed it.)

I wonder ... if SCSU had an NHL rink, how many NCAA titles they would have.  They've been as good or better than Duluth for as long...

They asked the state legislature for a pile of money last November. One of the items was to redo their refrigeration and shrink their rink. No decision was made...... They still use R-22!!

27 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

They asked the state legislature for a pile of money last November. One of the items was to redo their refrigeration and shrink their rink. No decision was made...... They still use R-22!!

Count me shocked the green-oriented MN Legislature and MNSCU couldn't swing that.   Of course, at the rate SCSU enrollment has been shrinking (halted this year), they may choose to delay investments ...