SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. DU round two

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The low percentage attempt to spring Britt bothers me.  Regroup and get 9 on the ice with possession.  

Instead it doesn't work, nobody changes and we are playing 2 on 3 for a moment....

The key is always going to be possession when Blake is on the ice because we see the puck decisions on the defensive end aren’t great.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The low percentage attempt to spring Britt bothers me.  Regroup and get 9 on the ice with possession.  

Instead it doesn't work, nobody changes and we are playing 2 on 3 for a moment....

Why make a line change after turning it over, get possession and change. 

When I saw he was going for a change I knew it was over.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

You truly are.  I think they made the Dr. Pepper fanville commercial about you because you go from one extreme to the other in seconds.

The end of game and OT was not good.  I don't know what to tell you.  Should I sugar coat it to make you happy?  

3 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Berry seems to think it was a successful weekend. We got a little more than a split so I will take it. Honestly we got lucky getting to ot when they stopped skating. 

Does UND salvage a point for league standing purposes by losing in the 3x3 OT?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND defense sucks, hockey and football 

Top 6 in the country in goals against having played one of the tougher schedules, compared to a team that simply couldn’t get off the field, that is quite the odd statement.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Berry seems to think it was a successful weekend. We got a little more than a split so I will take it. Honestly we got lucky getting to ot when they stopped skating. 

UND hasn't swept DU in Denver in 20 years, 4/6 conference points is pretty good. It was not the result they wanted, but a decent weekend. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, franchise said:

Lost in the disappointing outcome...Ludwig absolutely robbed Rizzo. If someone had tied up King before he coasted in for the rebound, that's probably a game saving stop and Blake leading an odd man rush the other way.

Blake was probably the someone.

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND defense sucks, hockey and football 

You're kidding, right? UND is one of the top defensive teams in the country and went head-to-head with the top offensive team in the country. 

38 minutes ago, tnt said:

Top 6 in the country in goals against having played one of the tougher schedules, compared to a team that simply couldn’t get off the field, that is quite the odd statement.

turn over the puck like that against good teams and you can see what will happen against top teams. Good thing our goalie is a stud. 

good thing is the bad turnovers is about all this team needs to do to fix in order to be the favorite for a title. Offense is as good or better than 2016.

26 minutes ago, Goon said:

You're kidding, right? UND is one of the top defensive teams in the country and went head-to-head with the top offensive team in the country. 

Let me clear that up a bit. Defensive skills suck, those turnovers could have got us swept this weekend. Lucky we have an offense that can make it up.

43 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UND is #6 in the country at 2.2 ga/g.  ;) 

I can’t unsee what I saw this weekend. If we play defensively like that in the playoffs we are toast. And when I say defensively I mean the forwards and defense playing when we don’t have the puck. No shutdown defense like 2016. I do like these goal scorers though 

17 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Let me clear that up a bit. Defensive skills suck, those turnovers could have got us swept this weekend. Lucky we have an offense that can make it up.

Again, UND played the top offense in the country. They're number one for a reason. We might want to give DU some credit. I also think the Mile High City wore them down in the third period. I thought both teams had trouble at times. This was No. 2 vs. No. 3. I thought it was a good weekend of hockey. -- I think we thought anything less than a split was unacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I can’t unsee what I saw this weekend. If we play defensively like that in the playoffs we are toast. And when I say defensively I mean the forwards and defense playing when we don’t have the puck. No shutdown defense like 2016. I do like these goal scorers though 

You realize we got swept in Denver in 2016 by 4-1 and 6-4.  It goes without saying you better play good defense at the right time of year, but in a one and done your goalie can’t have an off game either.