SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Duluth Friday Night

cowboys5xsbs

I didn't think much of UMD's forwards tonight.  Our D bottled them up pretty good for most of the night...their second goal came off a deflection right to their guy on the doorstep of the UND net.  Sioux made a nice play to get the puck out of the zone against the extra attacker, drawing the final UMD penalty.  Nice job boys, finish the job tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, farce poobah said:

Final box score credits him with 0 shots on goal.   It's been a while since that happened. 

I recall in 2nd period what I thought was a sure goal from Gaber from right in close that I thought UMD goalie made a great save. Maybe that was Blake?

23 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I recall in 2nd period what I thought was a sure goal from Gaber from right in close that I thought UMD goalie made a great save. Maybe that was Blake?

Yup (for what it’s worth).  Saw hilite video and at 11:14 mark in 2nd period Gaber clearly had a SOG from right in front where Duluth goalie made a nice save.  Not sure how they missed that.

At 2-0 there was a 2x1 OMac and (Blake or Gaber); the puck hopped on OMac or he’d have made it 3-0.
I figured that would be a woulda-coulda come late.
DEAR TEAM: You must finish those.  

Duluth played the Duluth game and nearly pulled it off. That’s why they are dangerous.

Why do games in the I’m Soiled* Arena seem faster. Closer cameras? Is the rink a bit under 200x85?  

They’d better be ready 20 seconds before puck drop tonight; Duluth will be. 

* that’s why they wear the brown pants 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

At 2-0 there was a 2x1 OMac and (Blake or Gaber); the puck hopped on OMac or he’d have made it 3-0.
I figured that would be a woulda-coulda come late.
DEAR TEAM: You must finish those.  

Duluth played the Duluth game and nearly pulled it off. That’s why they are dangerous.

Why do games in the I’m Soiled* Arena seem faster. Closer cameras? Is the rink a bit under 200x85?  

They’d better be ready 20 seconds before puck drop tonight; Duluth will be. 

* that’s why they wear the brown pants 

image.jpeg.76218ede3927396e608f84db275be6c7.jpeg

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Thought the same thing, inhaling some nice insulation under the bleachers. What a beautiful arena.

Good news: new arena so it’s not asbestos
Bad news: forty years from now we’ll find that stuff is hazardous 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shout out to the UMD broadcast though. Far better than it has been in the past. I was ready for a drunk hockey fan color commentating the game. This was a huge improvement over what they used to do. Decent PxP and far less biased than what I'm used to hearing from UMD.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1