SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

On the road! Excited to see how we do against another really talented team.

I was nervous playing the Gophers because of their top end talent and overall, I think we passed that test defensively. I hope we can do it again. Celebrini is really special. Hutson, too. Anyway, I am looking for a breakout weekend for Jayden Perron. He's been good so far, but I think he has a chance this weekend to really get going. Playing against Celebrini, his old teammate, should fire him up. I expect high-octane hockey and that's a game in which he can thrive. 

I think this weekend is a split, but I'm calling a win today. 

5-3 UND 

Perron, Gaber, Pyke, Jammer, Strinden

• Upvote 1

The North Dakota-Boston University series has not been kind to the road team.

UND will head to Agganis Arena to play a two-game set Friday and Saturday, looking for its first win over the Terriers in the city of Boston since 1990.

UND won Game 1 of a best-of-three NCAA tournament series on March 16, 1990. Associate coach Dane Jackson was on that team along with players like Lee Davidson, Dixon Ward, Russ Parent, Greg Johnson, Neil Eisenhut, Russ Romaniuk, Jason Herter, Garry Valk and Dave Hakstol. BU had Shawn McEachern, Tony Amonte, David Sacco, Keith Tkachuk and Scott Lachance, whose son, Shane, is on this year's team.

Since then, UND is 0-7-1 against the Terriers in Boston.

Dang.  Time to get that monkey off their back.

• Like 2

BU was the preseason #1 ranked team in the nation. Celebrini, possibly the #1 overall pick in next year's NHL draft, leads the nation in goals. Lane Hutson might be the best defenseman in the nation. Thirteen drafted players on the roster (plus Celebrini).

Let's play.