SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ BU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

19 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

Went back and watched the replay of this call in slow motion. Schmaltz absolutely did not close his hand on the puck. Horrible call.

Did he do it after the draw?  I don’t know what the rule is, but I don’t think you can use your hand at all in the face-off dot.  Don’t know if that means after the original draw or not.

Quick thoughts. This team can play with anyone. Impressed with this team defensively & in net. F lines need a shakeup. I’d like to continue to see Montgomery as 15F, Ness as 14F, Kunz as 13F. Emerson needs to play and develop. “Demote” Schmaltz and Jamernik. Roll w/ a 4th line of 8/27/24. Mix up the others. Talent is there at F. 2nd / 3rd line both have extremely low ceiling F guys. Hurts the line. There are guys on this team that can be responsible defensively, but have much better offensive talent. 

Big game tonight.

Midway through 3rd I felt as though I was watching a regional game in March with us on the wrong end trying to even it up.  Stay out of box n get some yield from PP and they'll be a tougher/toughest out.  Great goalie, great sticks, and skill through lineup is solid, just gotta figure a few things out.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Did he do it after the draw?  I don’t know what the rule is, but I don’t think you can use your hand at all in the face-off dot.  Don’t know if that means after the original draw or not.

Yes, after the draw. The puck "may" have bounced off his hand. But he definitely did not cover it up.

11 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I am not one to bag on refs but wasn't the first BU goal where the player came from the corner to the crease made a whole lot easier when the defender was cross checked to the ice right there. 

That was the first thing I saw when I watched it in real time.

2 minutes ago, hky said:

Agree on 26 moving up in the lineup. Had a great game last night. 

I think switching James with Schmaltz makes great sense. 
Schmaltz would do well on a line with Johannes/Jammer and put James up with a couple skilled offensive players and I think that line could take off.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BusinessSoot said:

It’s early in the season, yes. But the same three headed monster continues to surface, just like it has  over last couple of seasons…..even strength scoring and untimely penalties.  UND has been very subpar in these areas. I’ve said before, the forwards don’t score on a regular basis 5x5 and it needs to change or close games will continue to go other way. At some point something has to give. 

I have said many times to a few, if UND is above .500 after 10 games, I would be surprised and happy. Will this team make the NCAA tourney, yes, but the swagger is not quite there yet for this team to be elite. The first 10 games will tell a lot, I like this group.  

Lots to be excited about, locker room  leadership  much better than last year, but certainly a ways to go……

If UND loses tonight basically a .500 team season to date (albeit 5 games played vs top 10 ranked teams).  Gotta figure out the power play.

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

If UND loses tonight basically a .500 team season to date (albeit 5 games played vs top 10 ranked teams).  Gotta figure out the power play.

I am concerned that we can't put the biscuit in the basket, even with way more offensive talent than last year. Hopefully they'll figure it out before Christmas and be very hard to beat after that.

ESPN+ worth it for $11. Video buffered a bit early but refreshed without issues both last night & for the FB game. Video crisp & today the game synchronized the Bluetooth speaker with the Mighty 790 so we didn’t have to listen to homers, though have heard tons worse. Fingers crossed we can do the same tonight, without the Haavaad type twang. A girl can dream :love: