SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNI 10/21/2023

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well hopefully somebody breaks something at halftime and we come out on fire. This second half will tell us what our program is made of. Huge opportunity. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I guess we now know.

Looks like all the stars were lined up for us last week, I really wish it wasn't so.

“UND running back Gaven Ziebarth, who has emerged as the Fighting Hawks' go-to ball-carrier, was hurt on a 3-yard run with 10:47 left in the second quarter.

Ziebarth, who suffered a lower-body injury, didn't return to the game.

Ziebarth, who ran for more than 150 yards against North Dakota State last Saturday, finished with four carries for 27 yards.

"I haven't talked to sports medicine," Schweigert said. "He got twisted up there. We'll learn more tomorrow, and you'll have to deal with it." “

??

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Absolutely a terrible job of the entire staff getting the team to look past that NDSU game and on to the next week.  They were not ready at all, and they got smoked by a team with a defensive guy playing RB.

Tommy was bad, Bubba was bad, Danny was bad.....everyone was bad. 

I went to SDSU game and now this one. I must have totally jinxed the team…not planning on any other games this season….hope it helps 

AND the radio on the post game show said the last time we were ZERO was 2014.

Last week we controlled the trenches and our linebackers and secondary came up hard to meet the play.   I thought we turned the corner and went back to hard nosed UND defense of old.  Then we go back to this.  Compliment that with a passing scheme that is entirely behind the line of scrimmage and here we are.  I was thinking about driving down to vermillion but having visions of the 40 point blowout I witnessed the last time I went down there thinking we could compete on the road…

Just now, siouxweet said:

These are 20 year old kids playing college football.  Emotional let downs have been known to happen even to the best FBS schools.  Win out and there is nothing to worry about.

20 year olds playing vs other 20 year olds

minimization here isn’t really the answer 

gotta win on the road to “win out” and have “nothing to worry about” 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

These are 20 year old kids playing college football.  Emotional let downs have been known to happen even to the best FBS schools.  Win out and there is nothing to worry about.

If we want to take the next step as a program, we have to figure out how to win on the road.

Look at deboer and how he is doing at new schools

we are stuck with the same results year in and year out because change doesn’t happen

if we get in the playoffs the end result would be a first game loss as predicted from previous seasons 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

“UND running back Gaven Ziebarth, who has emerged as the Fighting Hawks' go-to ball-carrier, was hurt on a 3-yard run with 10:47 left in the second quarter.

Ziebarth, who suffered a lower-body injury, didn't return to the game.

Ziebarth, who ran for more than 150 yards against North Dakota State last Saturday, finished with four carries for 27 yards.

"I haven't talked to sports medicine," Schweigert said. "He got twisted up there. We'll learn more tomorrow, and you'll have to deal with it." “

??

Huge loss for the team if he is out extended time

Last year. We fought out butts off and made a game of it at Weber despite being outmatched. We beat a playoff caliber Youngstown last year on the road. I was expecting a win (though UNI would be fighting for their playoff lives) or at least a team coming out after a crappy half to make a game out of it. Instead we played flatter than we did at SIU last year. 

Long story short is I’m not totally upset with the loss, but as a fan how we lost and appear to show no fight is the most disappointing.