SiouxSports.com Forum

Goldy visits the Ralph

Wilbur

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I cringe everytime I see a Holy Cross jersey.

HC is the best call of my life.
I told @PCM almost as soon as the bracket came out.
I based it on two years earlier HC's Fr/So giving UND a run; they were now Jr/Sr. 

The intermission before OT I went to the concourse outside the press box (he was writing for USCHO at time) and when he asked if I was sticking with the call, I said nothing and only gave him the sly smirk and side eye. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, jk said:

On the Herald podcast, they referenced that as a good penalty because it was payback for WI taking liberties with Perron.  Early season team building by sticking up for your teammates.

I'd have to watch it again, but I didn't see anything egregious, but regardless if Wisconsin gains momentum and wins that game, we would really be up against it this weekend and against BU to make sure we don't get behind like we did early next year.   There are ways to get even legally with hits.  Probably nitpicking, because Gaber is feisty to begin with, but he is now the captain and needs to set the standard for keeping out of the box.  

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think this is a great point. We are more senior in terms of games played, with Minny being rather young. I'd bet this will be the loudest and most raucous atmosphere a majority of their kids have ever played (I guess the same could be said for some of our transfers, too). Gotta come out hard. 

Man, if we pot one early... 

I think we will get a good look at how good of a goaltender Close is.  He's got a ton of game experience, but I don't think he's ever had to steal a game for them with the talent that they've had.  How he handles things will go a long way towards Minnesota having a good weekend.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did Koster or Chesley make the trip?

What's UND's health status; any surprises? 

I don’t know but I’m guessing Chesley made the trip. He is supposedly a game time decision. Koster was already ruled out so it probably doesn’t matter if he made it or not. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do we know Chesley's issue, the thing that's sore?
Asking for a friend. 

If it's a knee or ankle I'd hate for him to have to continually turn that direction. ;)  

Gotta be upper body. Apparently his arm was in a sling after last Saturday’s game. 

I also don’t know if he’s been skating. According to the practice report I saw, he didn’t practice on Wednesday. Not sure about yesterday though 

9 hours ago, 1972 said:

no chance...even tho i love the goofs loosing...i have no love for Rand...he is an ass, and a sore looser.   i believe he is still the only coach that Tim H. has no respect for.   and besides, we have a ton of our own highlights to show, if so desired

I agree with your understanding of Rand.  

On 10/19/2023 at 9:55 PM, Brett0909 said:

First thought was man, I miss Pinto…we were lucky to have him for a couple years and great to see him still repping  UND…get that guy the contract he deserves!

Followed quickly by…don’t let siouxkid see this or he’ll be calling Shane up to make sure to correct him that it’s not a rivalry. (Tongue in cheek my man, but maybe try to limit the telling everyone else whether they should consider it a rivalry or not). We all miss what it once was, but most still consider it a big one. 

Isn’t that what you’re trying to tell me? Maybe limit yourself in telling people what they consider a rivalry or not.

49 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Isn’t that what you’re trying to tell me? Maybe limit yourself in telling people what they consider a rivalry or not.

Not at all. I (and everyone here) fully acknowledge YOU choose not to consider it a rivalry. And some others do too. Good on you, that’s your choice. The difference is you continue telling everyone else that it’s not a rivalry or they’re wrong to consider it a rivalry. In spite of the team, most of the fan base, and objective measures like ticket demand disagreeing. 

• Like 1