SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if we would've lost the montana game would simon's stat line and the result been enough to at least look at jerry v isu?

We won…. 

my guess is .. if the second half looked like the first half Jerry would have seen time in the game… but it didn’t :)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why didn't jerry win the job?

ask bubba why he can only win 52% of his games......if it's one thing...it's the next...... along with time management and coaches decisions.....u asking to solve a million dollar question.

And maybe Jerry is the better QB ... I just want to keep winning regardless of who is under center. And I do hope Jerry gets some playing time over the next few weeks. I just think that would be in the best interest of his development and the depth of the position anyway.

eventually (maybe as early as saturday) some d coordinator is gonna say wtf........send 8 and man on man outside and see what happens....

obviously the talk of the season so far is putting 4 new o-lineman out there and they seem to be holding there own....but EVENTUALLY you have to throw the ball downfield and i just don't see simon being that guy doing that.

if us not being able to throw then means we are running into a stacked box and we can't runnnnnnnnnn.....what's left?  (special teams??)

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He was less accurate and less mobile during the entirety of camp, plus he's only been in the program for a year so doesn't have as good of handle on things. For those reasons, the new OC, who had no allegiance to any of the QB's, picked someone else.

Maybe UND will try to catch ISU off guard with some consecutive pass plays to start the game?

.......wait nevermind. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe UND will try to catch ISU off guard with some consecutive pass plays to start the game?

.......wait nevermind. 

Lol right. 

Never more in my life do I want us to run Z right up the middle on our first play of the game. Given what happened last week....95% chance of that happening. Which if I was their DC I'd sell out on the run the first play to try and set the tone on their side of the ball

On 9/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, Oxbow6 said:

.......wait nevermind. 

Some consecutive pass plays coupled with consecutive completions.  We need the rest of the league to see that on film. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2024 at 8:22 PM, Oxbow6 said:

It was one Saturday practice. He's not going to be QB1. Zero chance. Bo didn't come back for that.  Word on the street is he's Tommy Lite and most here wanted Tommy gone.

remembered this post about Bo..........gotta wonder if he feels like he's being fully utilized thru 2 games with simon....nothing downfield (and he does have sneaky speed)...mostly short slants and whatnot.....

he needs a 10 catch 140yd and a couple tds day (today!) to get him going but can simon do that????

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

remembered this post about Bo..........gotta wonder if he feels like he's being fully utilized thru 2 games with simon....nothing downfield (and he does have sneaky speed)...mostly short slants and whatnot.....

he needs a 10 catch 140yd and a couple tds day (today!) to get him going but can simon do that????

Yes. 8-165-1 should do it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

BUT could've/should've been 10 for 240 and 2 td's (or more)....

You’re not wrong. But probably something to be said that Bo can put up a stat line like that with a QB that is still figuring it out.

And, Bo chose to stay so I think he wants to be here and hope that he’s happy with the start to season. He made some plays on 3rd downs against Cyclones, great team W against Griz, and then a game where he sets D1 receptions record and got another W with good stats to boot. My guess is he’s feeling OK right now. But certainly can’t say I know for sure. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/10/2024 at 4:38 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

eventually (maybe as early as saturday) some d coordinator is gonna say wtf........send 8 and man on man outside and see what happens....

obviously the talk of the season so far is putting 4 new o-lineman out there and they seem to be holding there own....but EVENTUALLY you have to throw the ball downfield and i just don't see simon being that guy doing that.

if us not being able to throw then means we are running into a stacked box and we can't runnnnnnnnnn.....what's left?  (special teams??)

They did exactly that and UND scored 52 points. Yes the D scored and gave the O great field position, but O did it's job.

2 hours ago, shep said:

Anyone know the winning percentage when the Alerus has more than 10,000?

Since 2006 (UND site has no data of older that I saw)

Bubba 11 - 3 and 26-7 in other home games

Muss 5-2 and 18-10 in other games (note early days we had several poor teams for home games

D1 Eea 16-5 and 44-17

D2 games since 2006 5-1 in 10,000 plus games

so since 2006 UND is 21-6 in games of 10,000 plus crowd. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JacksonW said:

at this point that most  think your opinions are suspect and repetitive but you continue to teach all the less knowledgeable football ex-players and coaches what’s what

have you been watching und football for the last 20 years....talk about groundhog day meets the bad newz bears....