SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

On 6/2/2024 at 7:09 PM, wheelsup said:

Tommy was a solid QB.. in the list of problems last year he was a distant 3rd behind a terrible defense.. and OC who couldn’t commit to the strength of the team which would have also bailed out the defense by keeping them off the field. 
The Tommy bashing is always overdone.  I would guess the offense will be serviceable again the year with lots of skill at the skill positions. Whether we win or lose will depend on if the defense improves.. luckily our head coach is a defensive coach so there is that…

If UND can somehow get a top 5 MVFC defense I'll be happy. This will be the second year of a Joel S.-led defense and it's time to make a major leap forward as it has been way too long since UND has had an above average defense. 

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

If UND can somehow get a top 5 MVFC defense I'll be happy. This will be the second year of a Joel S.-led defense and it's time to make a major leap forward as it has been way too long since UND has had an above average defense. 

My guess is that we will be a top 12 MVFC defense.. maybe even a top 10 :) .

looking on the mvfc website looks like we were a top 7 defense this last year.. from personally watching all the games it felt way worse then that.

3 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

looking on the mvfc website looks like we were a top 7 defense this last year.. from personally watching all the games it felt way worse then that.

Better than what I would have guessed too. The USD game helped, felt like that was the best game of the year by far on that side of the ball. They also played alright against bad teams like Drake and Western Illinois.

1 hour ago, shep said:

That should pay for ... what ...5 really good players.

For a season!

I know you’re just poking fun but I believe this donation was to the university directly and think it would have to go through the collective in order to go to the student athletes via NIL. Could be wrong. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Yeah top 7 definitely is surprising. However it's always easier to be harder on your own team at times. I mean I swear we allow 75 percent conversion percentage on defense on 3rd and 15 or more....but it's probably more like 40 percent :blush:

10 hours ago, shep said:

That should pay for ... what ...5 really good players.

For a season!

Or if it was the big boy division, half a season of your starting QB. :lol:

Great gift from the family though.  Can't thank them enough. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

$1 million endowment will generate approximately $40,000 per year, so about 2 full scholarships.  Everything helps and those who give are greatly appreciated!

How come hockey got double that?

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Some people have favorite sports if you can comprehend that. Not to mention UND hockey is by far the largest attendance draw in the state. If NDSU football got a million dollar gift, fanboys Dom, McFeely and Kolpack would talk about it for a month. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Yes, and now the rest of the athletic department has freed up money that would have gone for those hockey scholarships.  It's a win/win.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

$1 million endowment will generate approximately $40,000 per year, so about 2 full scholarships.  Everything helps and those who give are greatly appreciated!

I'm with ya.

Just making the point that the salary for alleged amateurs is out of control.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Maybe because they don't view investing with Bubba to be worth their money...(ducks to avoid being hit with a tomato or a shoe)...

That's sarcasm btw...

Donors get to do what they want to do with their money.  It's an awesome gift...we should all be extremely grateful!

• Upvote 2