SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

My official way too early prediction is that UND wins some games they’re not supposed to, and probably loses some games they’re not supposed to. Still finds a way to go 6-6 or 7-5 and sneak into the playoffs with an eventual early exit.

The identity of this program with Bubba is so certain right now, that anyone who supports this facade (Chaves) is just blatantly satisfied with the status quo: some wins, some losses, no championships. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The identity of this program with Bubba is so certain right now, that anyone who supports this facade (Chaves) is just blatantly satisfied with the status quo: some wins, some losses, no championships. 

816ec17e-8e9f-433b-8139-0bda4ea0dac6_tex

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sometimes you win division 1 championships, unless you’re the University of North Dakota. 

Or at this point....if you are any FCS school other than NDSU or SDSU. Haven't double checked but I think those are the only other two current FCS schools who have won a championship since 2010.  95% chance it is one of those two winning it again. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Or at this point....if you are any FCS school other than NDSU or SDSU. Haven't double checked but I think those are the only other two current FCS schools who have won a championship since 2010.  95% chance it is one of those two winning it again. 

You’re correct. James Madison won one championship, but they’re no longer an FCS school.

Who would’ve thought that the standard would be South Dakota State and North Dakota State? Regionally speaking, that’s reassuring for UND, but the results aren’t reassuring. Vision and leadership matters.

Sam Houston won in 2020 but they also have left FCS and if you go all the way to the 2000 there are only four teams left have won national championships that are still in FCS or not leaving for FBS. Also, there are only eight other teams that have been FCS champions since it was created still in FCS. Missouri Valley conference has 15 championships and Big Sky has 5 championships all rest of remaining schools in FCS has 5 championships in 45 years of FCS football. The last Big Sky championship was 2009 by Eastern Washington then the next was Montanna in 1995.  Otherwise, it has been NDSU and SDSU claiming 11 championships out last 13 championships and probably should have 12 out of 13 if NDSU would have played with their fall team in 2020.

Like I have said so much of disappointment here is because of our two closest universities and rivals and not having their success. They're going first to division I has been reason for getting to top FCS because they got jump on recruiting and success just steam rolled because of lack of division I other schools not recruiting in upper Midwest and only having to recruit against Minnesota. The big question what happens in the future for Missouri Valley schools and Big Sky schools are there any conferences willing to take these teams to next level or are we stuck here at this level because of our location and demographics. I think the future for these conferences that top teams of both conferences should be looking to form a new FBS conference and would create natural rivals and local fan interest and they could play other FBS schools also to create fan interest.  

• Upvote 2

Vd0U22yo_x96.jpg

Replying to
FCS Coach on The Rise Offensive Coordinator is one of the Top Offensive Coaches in CFB And he is a 2024 Our Coaching Network Top FCS Coach on the Rise FCS Coach on The Rise

• Upvote 2

Just now, Nodak78 said:

Vd0U22yo_x96.jpg

Replying to
FCS Coach on The Rise Offensive Coordinator is one of the Top Offensive Coaches in CFB And he is a 2024 Our Coaching Network Top FCS Coach on the Rise FCS Coach on The Rise

I really think he will be better than Danny.  I liked Danny but the more I learn of Issac, I'm impressed.

52 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I really think he will be better than Danny.  I liked Danny but the more I learn of Issac, I'm impressed.

I know of two other FCS programs that wanted to land him for the same position. 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Vd0U22yo_x96.jpg

Replying to

Thanks for sharing this.  I like a lot of what I'm reading.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I hope you’re right. I’ve been vocal about how much of a Danny guy I was. Curious what makes you believe that? For me, I can’t cast judgement as I’ve never seen him call a game or anything. Ran into him at the organ bar during a hockey game though. 

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I hope you’re right. I’ve been vocal about how much of a Danny guy I was. Curious what makes you believe that? For me, I can’t cast judgement as I’ve never seen him call a game or anything. Ran into him at the organ bar during a hockey game though. 

I also was a big Danny supporter although he was certainly not without his issues.  I felt the offense was going to be the strength of the team and likely still will be this year.  I’m very hopeful for Fruechte.. skill positions will be as good or improved in my book..  I’m very nervous about our OL with all of the turnover.  It’s gone from one of our biggest strengths to one of our biggest question marks heading into the year.  Pawlak was awesome.. hopefully the new guy can step up.

Defense is still the biggest question mark.. it’s hard to picture them being worse than last year but..  think our d-backs and LBs should be improved  but I also don’t see how our small d-line doesn’t just get pushed around. 

35 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Only time will tell. As I’ve said, if Fruechte truthfully is a breakout coach, that only means good things for UND.  Would Bubba get out of his way and let him into the head job?

Great OC (jury obviously still out) doesn't automatically make a great HC. Countless examples of that being true, including a recent one at UND (with plenty other reasons that it was a giant mess).
Or maybe he proves himself for a few years and there is a smooth transition. Who knows.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

One has to start asking that question.

I agree.  Exit the NCAA.  It's cancer promotes Men saying they are women in title IX sports.  Women dressing rooms.  P5 run it for money escape a new league.

• Upvote 1

Deng Deng, jumped 6'7" in high jump.  Four winds basketball player who signed to play football at UND.  Deng Deng ,first year track four winds coop with NR Sheyenne.  His coach Elliot Belquist.  Elliot a Bison FB player has done more for UND than NDSU.  Bo and now Deng.  Be grateful UND thank him over and over.

4 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Gotta think UND will have one of the better RB rooms in the country this season. It is up to the OL to step up, though. After Belquist, need Tai, Dennis, Klein and Vaughn/Norby to make big leaps. 

As we know they are only as good as the OL in front of them. Injuries always an issue for us also - perhaps the new strength and conditioning coach will help.