SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Berg on radio said Landry wanted to go someone where that he will be competitive 

awful decision. Both sides ( not sure what he means by that) but Jake wanted to do what’s best for his family and didn’t really care about the effects of it as long as his family is ok

and said must be something wrong with the program with people leaving

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Not all of them

IMG_2006.gif

Not coincidental here it’s the ol’ gray haired guy who overstays his welcome …

(for historical context, Edward Smith and Bubba Schweigert should not be confused as the same person)

13 hours ago, gfhockey said:

All the coaches see the ship sinking and are bailing

So I'm confused and can't keep up. How many assistants have left exactly? There was Freund after, what, a dozen years? Then Landry, sort of. Then Pawlak left three times. So is the total five?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SooToo said:

So I'm confused and can't keep up. How many assistants have left exactly? There was Freund after, what, a dozen years? Then Landry, sort of. Then Pawlak left three times. So is the total five?

Defensive staff is full of inbred ineptitude so really the turnover has come from the only staff worth anything in the long-term (hence the reason they went to top regional programs). Overall, this situation is awful for UND football. Hopefully some big-time decisions will be made in approximately 10 months to save UND football program. 

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Defensive staff is full of inbred ineptitude so really the turnover has come from the only staff worth anything in the long-term (hence the reason they went to top regional programs). Overall, this situation is awful for UND football. Hopefully some big-time decisions will be made in approximately 10 months to save UND football program. 

So, the correct number is still five?

I'm confused as well. If coaches leave, that automatically means that things are going bad in a program? Or is there some sort of arbitrary test that is applied to see whether it is beneficial for ones argument?

Pretty sure NDSU lost their head coach (to be LB coach at USC??), OC (to take the same job in a worse conference for a worse team and then had to steal UND's?) and also multiple assistants. Are things in a tailspin there?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So what I’m hearing on this board is that there must be something wrong with any coach that comes to UND ?

landry f’d this program, scumbag to me, if he didn’t think UND would be competitive don’t accept in the first place , I hate the bison and he will fit right in to me 

turnover in coaching is to be expected, with bubba on a short leash in MHO it will be tough to get top notch coaches especially with the pay scale 

and Chaves is hiding out where?

21 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm confused as well. If coaches leave, that automatically means that things are going bad in a program? Or is there some sort of arbitrary test that is applied to see whether it is beneficial for ones argument?

Pretty sure NDSU lost their head coach (to be LB coach at USC??), OC (to take the same job in a worse conference for a worse team and then had to steal UND's?) and also multiple assistants. Are things in a tailspin there?

NDSU has won numerous championship. UND hasn’t won a single playoff game (unless you count diluted pandemic season). Apples to oranges comparison.

one or two coaches may be coincidental, but when you have numerous coaches leaving for lateral roles back to back to back, there is a trend. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

But sure, stick your head in the mud, ignore the burning house while you sit in it, whistle happily on the sinking ship, whatever it takes. Hopefully leadership doesn’t take the same approach and has a contingency plan; failing to prepare is preparing to fail. Could argue that is reason UND football is where it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

For all the UND FB apologists here...does the last 10 years not account for anything? 

It's a rhetorical question. 

If you respond you've outed yourself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Call it arbitrary if that makes you feel better, but I think it's pretty easy to see that our coaches are leaving due to things not going great, and the same does not apply to NDSU currently. Also, are you implying that NDSU head coach going to LB coach at USC is a step down?

I don't blame any coach for jumping ship. Chaves is the most culpable for the current situation, no doubt, honestly, until Freund left, I would argue it was 100% his doing. Once things started to go side-ways, Bubba deserves as much criticism as Chaves. Bubba being the head coach is the issue. What a sad way for Bubba to go out. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Our offensive staff must have been getting sick of how bad the defense has been. We certainly had a good group of coaches on the offensive side (and still might).

I don’t understand how anyone can try and spin what’s happening to be a positive thing. The way I see it, they all see the writing on the wall. I hope I’m wrong but don't see how these team succeeds next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pre-Landry leaving, I would have been confident that we wouldn't see have seen any April portal entries outside of those buried on the depth chart. Now, I would be surprised if we don't. This is really bad. Completely embarrassing, no way you spin it. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Joe is going to Montana, unsure what role 

Taking Rob Phenicie's position(most likely), who left for Bucknell to be OC.  Griz position historically has been TE and Tackles.

How many coaches have left? Still looking for an answer.

Interesting that numerous posters here advocating to hire young up-and-coming coaches who move on after a few years for greener pastures.

Pawlak -- by all accounts a young talent -- moves on from und after 5 years and the sky is falling.

I have no problem with coaches leaving to pursue better opportunities and more specifically in the FBS. Right now, we are seeing coaches taking the same or lesser jobs within the FCS and even our own conference. Do we not strive to be the best? Are we fine with being an average to slightly above average program? That’s certainly not what I want. 

• Like 2

Just now, SooToo said:

How many coaches have left? Still looking for an answer.

Interesting that numerous posters here advocating to hire young up-and-coming coaches who move on after a few years for greener pastures.

Pawlak -- by all accounts a young talent -- moves on from und after 5 years and the sky is falling.

Refer to my most recent post. 

• Like 1

College FB F'n sucks now.  1 year left to follow for family reasons then I am not wasting my time with this crap.  Player and coach carousels is all it is.  The FBS 12 team tournament will be interesting but besides that, CFB can burn itself down to the ground then only have themselves to blame.

• Upvote 4