SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

If that is what it takes to get a 6'10" McDonald's All-American that played in the Pac 12 to UND, then yes....

I don't think you would see many fans complaining about him coming to UND despite his 28% FG percentage he shot in the extremally limited opportunities he had at Washington as a Freshman/Sophomore

Sure, if he wants to come to UND, you take him...

Just ribbing you on the synergy stuff Hoops, lighten up.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

His synergy numbers would look real good in a UND jersey. A guy can dream… onto the next 

Yeah not point of going after him if he shoots an embarrassing 28%. I don’t want to take a shot on a former McDonald All American who had multiple Pac 12 offers and could be an absolute stud in the Summit League. In all seriousness though I’m guessing Utah St is the front runner for him, definitely seems like their fans want him to come there.

Yikes....and I thought the recruiting thread for UND Hockey (recruiting and transfer portal) was filled with mostly bitching.  This thread takes the cake.  It appears as mostly 8 people post and 4 of them are the same person.  Seems like mostly personal insults and hostility amongst a few of you.  No thanks on joining this thread.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux27 said:

Yikes....and I thought the recruiting thread for UND Hockey (recruiting and transfer portal) was filled with mostly bitching.  This thread takes the cake.  It appears as mostly 8 people post and 4 of them are the same person.  Seems like mostly personal insults and hostility amongst a few of you.  No thanks on joining this thread.  

Thank you for giving us a breakdown of this thread! We appreciate your honesty! It is a sad day to see you go. We wish you the best! 

*Insert a similar message from my 3 other burner accounts*

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, homer said:

some of you need to lighten up……

Lighten up Francis 

from the movie stripes, I laugh every time I see that clip, I don’t know how to post it so you can look it up 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Thank you for giving us a breakdown of this thread! We appreciate your honesty! It is a sad day to see you go. We wish you the best! 

*Insert a similar message from my 3 other burner accounts*

HoopsFan03 ruining threads... tale as old as time

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

HoopsFan03 ruining threads... tale as old as time

To be fair some random person who never posts in here came in just to say he will not be posting going forward. Kind of strange. Now let’s talk about getting Eli King in a UND jersey 

16 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

To be fair some random person who never posts in here came in just to say he will not be posting going forward. Kind of strange. Now let’s talk about getting Eli King in a UND jersey 

Seems like a "case and point" post on my behalf.  I have followed the thread occasionally as a UND fan, but get tired of the constant "personal" posts that are non-productive.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Can Eli King fit in with next years team? He might be the most talented guy we have been linked to but his lack of jumpshot could be a problem with next years team. Could be tough to have him and Trent on the floor at the same time. Would love the long term upside if we were to somehow land him 

I don't think they would play much at all on the floor together. 

The shooting ability on UND's team next year is definitely going to be not as good as this year, I would assume. But they seem to be trying to get more athletic and longer.

20 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Can Eli King fit in with next years team? He might be the most talented guy we have been linked to but his lack of jumpshot could be a problem with next years team. Could be tough to have him and Trent on the floor at the same time. Would love the long term upside if we were to somehow land him 

Agree. I like the long term upside of King but the lack of jumpshot could be concerning.

Losing Norman this year is going to have a bigger impact on the team next year than many realize

I'm not convinced that next years shooting is going to be worse.

If Eaglestaff can take a step forward, he can fill a lot of what Norman was able to do.

Omot should be better shooting from distance, I bet T can get better from distance as well.

Trent and Brooks can only get better and we know that Danielson can hit a few from outside.

Plus, who knows what UND ends up adding.  So I don't think it is all doom and gloom from the outside shooting department just yet. 

• Upvote 1