SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

55 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We need more than Matthews down low

Don't disagree with you at all. Think they will be going after more "undersized" 6'7 6'8 4/5's that are mobile to provide some flexibility to those two positions.

2 hours ago, SD UND said:

By the looks of the offers that are reported, they appear to be going after 1's and athletic 4's or undersized athletic 5's.

Maybe they feel good about having Mathews as more as a traditional bruiser, T a pick and pop/face-up 5 and want to use 1 or 2 on a guy that can roam between 4 and 5.

From the outside looking in, it looks like Plan A is to get some size and athleticism and move B.J. to the 3. 

Yeah getting a guy who can play both would be ideal. I would like to have both a traditional big like Mathews but them also have that wiry more athletic big that can match up better when the other team has an athletic/stretch 5. It is still early April lots of players entering the portal still. I’ve had to take a step back and remember that cause I’m just so excited to see UND make a move 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 12:39 PM, SD UND said:

By the looks of the offers that are reported, they appear to be going after 1's and athletic 4's or undersized athletic 5's.

Maybe they feel good about having Mathews as more as a traditional bruiser, T a pick and pop/face-up 5 and want to use 1 or 2 on a guy that can roam between 4 and 5.

From the outside looking in, it looks like Plan A is to get some size and athleticism and move B.J. to the 3. 

I'll take that.  

Give me an Isaac Mushilia/Drick Bernstein type player at the 4. 

43 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Let’s hear some good news this week! Jamar Brown, Terrence Brown, Eli King, Elvis Nnaji, Deng Mayar, someone!

Hoping for some good news as well! Has anyone taken their visit here yet? Or just guys planning to come on a visit here? 

30 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Hoping for some good news as well! Has anyone taken their visit here yet? Or just guys planning to come on a visit here? 

Dead period during final 4 and easter this past weekend. Visits will  take place soon I would assume... either end of this week or next week.

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

UND should go after him. Tell him he gets as many minutes and shots per game as he wants. 

would they want him taking "as many shots as he wants" he is a 28% career fg guy... my guess is his synergy numbers aren't good.

If that's what were basing everything on.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

He’s a McDonalds All American. Gatorade player of the year in the state of Washington. Was invited to team USA events. Slight difference between Summit League big guys and what UCLA and Arizona are rolling out. Not sure he’s got what it takes to beat out TT

But synergy

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, SD UND said:

would they want him taking "as many shots as he wants" he is a 28% career fg guy... my guess is his synergy numbers aren't good.

If that's what were basing everything on.

If that is what it takes to get a 6'10" McDonald's All-American that played in the Pac 12 to UND, then yes....

I don't think you would see many fans complaining about him coming to UND despite his 28% FG percentage he shot in the extremally limited opportunities he had at Washington as a Freshman/Sophomore

• Upvote 1