SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

7 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Some interesting reactions from former players. Hopefully the next couple of years are better than the last 4

I guess it’s just like anything.  It depends on the sample.  A lot of people who are in favor of this, will probably say very little, while those who are not will make the most noise.  But that is the always the case everywhere you go with these

Just now, GoodGood said:

I’m not sure why one players comments matter more than another??? Some players might have good things to say, others not so much. 

Exactly. Either way, not a good look at all when you sign a coach to an extension and immediately former players are posting about it and how bad they think it is. Whether the comments are true or not. Not something you want. 

8 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Exactly. Either way, not a good look at all when you sign a coach to an extension and immediately former players are posting about it and how bad they think it is. Whether the comments are true or not. Not something you want. 

Can't imagine why either of them would have a negative opinion. 

On the flip side, you also have current and past players "liking" the extension.

5 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Wonder who the gang member is and who became a daddy

also marlon Stewart liking the Twitter posts

nit a good look

usually former players praise this and say what a good man he is 

Former "gang member" he was referring to would be Carlson Ramsey Jr. I think as he averaged like 16.5 this year at his current school. The player that had the kid was Aanen Moody....

Marlon Stewart and Ethan Igbanago liking the tweets. Especially for Marlon to be liking them is not a good look for Sather..

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Former "gang member" he was referring to would be Carlson Ramsey Jr. I think as he averaged like 16.5 this year at his current school. The player that had the kid was Aanen Moody....

Marlon Stewart and Ethan Igbanago liking the tweets. Especially for Marlon to be liking them is not a good look for Sather..

Was he a crip or blood? Didn’t even know there were gangs up here 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

16.5 ppg where?

I don't know where he ended up after he did the JUCO

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Can't imagine why either of them would have a negative opinion. 

On the flip side, you also have current and past players "liking" the extension.

Just look at reviews for companies on job recruiting sites and look at the comments from different ends of the spectrum.  It is impossible to know if a company is good to work for or not.  There are bound to be differing opinions on coaches as well, as some don't need/want as much structure, and others welcome it.