SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Recruiting

sioux24/7

5 minutes ago, homer said:

I think the irony is some of you who say the roster is D2 want the coach to give a scholarship to a guy “who doesn’t miss in warmups”.  

and now you will deny ever saying the roster is D2

Haha I think you may have just blocked out the 2020-2021 season from your memory. Lord knows I wish I could. Go back to the first exhibition thread from last year. One of the first posts on there will be completely different from what you’re saying. I think some people on here just make up their own narrative for whatever reason?? It’s strange and odd 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, homer said:

I think the irony is some of you who say the roster is D2 want the coach to give a scholarship to a guy “who doesn’t miss in warmups”.  

and now you will deny ever saying the roster is D2

Also no one is saying Daniel Hong is some all conference player. It was about having an open scholarship all summer. There’s nothing better than seeing the videos of walk ons receiving a scholarship in front of their teammates. It’s priceless. I was hoping Hong would get that chance. If the coaches found a guy they think can contribute then thats great. No idea why I’d be upset over that 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Also no one is saying Daniel Hong is some all conference player. It was about having an open scholarship all summer. There’s nothing better than seeing the videos of walk ons receiving a scholarship in front of their teammates. It’s priceless. I was hoping Hong would get that chance. If the coaches found a guy they think can contribute then thats great. No idea why I’d be upset over that 

You are Hong is not all conference.  he hasn't played one minute.

One open scholarship 

Does the coach give it to the player that can help the best.

Please don't make it personal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

You are Hong is not all conference.  he hasn't played one minute.

One open scholarship 

Does the coach give it to the player that can help the best.

Please don't make it personal.

I think you just stopped reading what I said. Please re read, specifically the last 2 sentences. Thanks 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Please read my reply to your first two sentences.  It's up to the coach who you detest every post.

I’m so lost. I’ll spell it out again. I wanted Hong to get a scholarship. If the coaches found someone to fill the last scholarship that is more than fine with me. I don’t think I can put it any simpler 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I’m so lost. I’ll spell it out again. I wanted Hong to get a scholarship. If the coaches found someone to fill the last scholarship that is more than fine with me. I don’t think I can put it any simpler 

Plain the the coach found a better player.  Give it up.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Most videos of walk in’s getting scholarships are of guys that won’t tie up that scholarship for 3 more years and never see the court.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, homer said:

Most videos of walk in’s getting scholarships are of guys that won’t tie up that scholarship for 3 more years and never see the court.   

The scholarship wouldn’t be tied up for 3 years, it’s a year to year thing. Several schools in the surrounding area have done this. Welcome to college basketball buddy 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

The scholarship wouldn’t be tied up for 3 years, it’s a year to year thing. Several schools in the surrounding area have done this. Welcome to college basketball buddy 

So than do they make a video of when the scholarship gets pulled?? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, homer said:

You might want to do some research on how scholarships work before commenting on it. The lack of knowledge really shows. 

Either way, glad we found someone this late that the coaches feel can make an impact. Will be exciting to see who this mystery player is when it is announced. Going to be a fun year!!