SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Recruiting

sioux24/7

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-complete-utter-nonsense-100643925/episode/paul-laments-aau-basketball-residual-hooks-110627993/

This is an interesting quick listen as to what coaching staffs at our level are dealing with.  The fact that it deals with us is frustrating, but I feel that it’s probably standard operating procedure in the current climate of Men’s hoops

On 2/22/2023 at 4:44 PM, petey23 said:

Anyone know if UND is looking at Jackson McAndrew from Wayzata?

6-8 Junior with range. Father played at UND on our best D2 teams.

Is a 3 star and has interest from Northern Iowa, Craighton, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Xavier, and others. His father has strong ties to Craighton(McDermott) and N. Iowa(Ben Jacobson) but it seems like this is a kid we should offer just to hopefully be in the mix.

Agree. He had a great game last night against Lakeville N. against  their big Wisconsin commit. He scored 28. Scores from anywhere, moves well. I would offer him.
The Leach kid from DGF who is committed to Duluth plays in AA finals tonight. He was an excellent HS FB player. Played safety. Fun to watch if you are a BB junkie. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 11:57 AM, iramurphy said:

Agree. He had a great game last night against Lakeville N. against  their big Wisconsin commit. He scored 28. Scores from anywhere, moves well. I would offer him.
The Leach kid from DGF who is committed to Duluth plays in AA finals tonight. He was an excellent HS FB player. Played safety. Fun to watch if you are a BB junkie. 

McAndrew blowing up in the tourney.  He had 28 the night I saw him in the regular season also. 

I'm guessing he'll go pretty high if he wants.  

Edit - he had 25 pts and 9 rebounds tonight in championship game. 

• Upvote 1

You may have seen that I wrote a bit of an epistle over on the FB thread.  I will not do so here but many of the issues I stated about UND fundraising, the recruiting challenges and dumb banter between members goes for BB as well.  I have done the Wiki for M & W BB and VB for the last few years.  Hopefully, someone will take over these duties.

I made the comment over there that you can "go to the bank" with what iramurphy has to say.  That goes for BB as well.  You can also be assured that SD UND knows what he is talking about.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Saw ndsu got its first commit for the 2024 class. There has to be more than just the Sem offer out there for this class. Maybe they just have gotten posted in other threads? 

I am not sure they are recruiting all that hard for the 2024 class right now.  They already have 4 freshman this year which I assume they will all red shirt.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I am not sure they are recruiting all that hard for the 2024 class right now.  They already have 4 freshman this year which I assume they will all red shirt.  

Correct. Think they will go after Sem hard... if they don't get him then my guess would be they don't take a freshman in the 2024 class unless someone like BJ is suddenly open really late in the process.

• 3 weeks later...

Fastbreak Club announces Greater Grand Forks all-city basketball teams

Kraft, who has committed to play at UND, was the EDC Senior Athlete of the Year, all-conference and all-state. The 6-2 guard averaged 21.7 points. He scored at least 20 points in all three state tournament games, including 31 in a comeback win over Fargo Davies in the state semifinals.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

While it doesn't seem likely that any of the freshman play this year, if you had to guess which one would be the most likely to play right away, who would it be?

This should probably be under 2023 recruiting. I honestly don’t know who could play right away. Erickson needs to redshirt and work on his body. Probably same for Bothun but I haven’t actually seen him play. Too many options ahead of Doppler unless he’s just better than guys already on the roster. If one had to play maybe Erickson just cause he’s a big body 

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

This should probably be under 2023 recruiting. I honestly don’t know who could play right away. Erickson needs to redshirt and work on his body. Probably same for Bothun but I haven’t actually seen him play. Too many options ahead of Doppler unless he’s just better than guys already on the roster. If one had to play maybe Erickson just cause he’s a big body 

Fair point on the posting.

If I had to pick one, I would have gone with Bothun based on his shooting ability alone, but there isn't one that screams: play right away.

I don't necessaily see that as a bad thing, given what they have coming back and added in the transfer portal/JUCO world. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...