SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Recruiting

sioux24/7

so herbst sits all game then after the game walks to the area by the locker rooms and hangs out behind the pillar and when the big guy from  cheyenne walks by he pops out and shakes his hand and says a few words....thats all? gotta love recruiting.

bubba  was there too.........

• 3 weeks later...

So next year, we have 1 scholarship for sure with Brady and T leaving but I believe Bothun is taking one of those scholarships. The way the college basketball world is right now, I’d bet we have at least 3 scholarships open. Dream scenario is well first keep your core (BJ, Tyree, Trey, Amar and King), then go get a transfer big (Joe Hurlburt? Maybe someone more established though) and a 3 and D transfer, if we would have landed Jamar Brown last year, that would have been huge). After that, go after a high upside high school kid that would hopefully redshirt. Easy enough, right? :wink:

8 minutes ago, SD UND said:

If Joe Hurlburt actually does get into the portal I know if you're UND you probably have to take him, but I've never been super impressed with him.  

I really haven’t watched much of him but know he was super hyped coming out. Gotta be better than Chad Calcaterra, if people remember him. Went to Colorado State, transferred here and that guy stunk! I remember hooping with him at choice one time and we toasted him and trust me, I’m not that good haha. 

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Not a needed position for next year but someone I like is Tameron Ferguson from St Cloud Tech HS. 6’2” guard. Leads state of Minnesota with 35 ppg. Only offer is from MSUM but starting to hear from several D1s. 

Just watched a single games highlight and I’m in.

18 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Not a needed position for next year but someone I like is Tameron Ferguson from St Cloud Tech HS. 6’2” guard. Leads state of Minnesota with 35 ppg. Only offer is from MSUM but starting to hear from several D1s. 

He's an interesting prospect- played on the circuit this summer and didn't get a lot done but looks like he's maybe grown a little bit and is obviously having a monster year at Tech.

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Anyone see any recruits there yesterday? Would imagine yesterday would be a prime day for hosting but I also don’t really think the high school kids are who they are going after for 2024. 

I didn't see any recruits or any coaches with any kids before or after the game. 

I wasn't necessarily looking out for it though so maybe I missed one. 

Wonder if UND would go after Brody Fox if he transfers? Parker Fox’s brother and currently playing a junior at UW-Stout. Think he’d only have one year of eligibility. He puts up a lot of points there but not sure really how good he is. 

9 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Wonder if UND would go after Brody Fox if he transfers? Parker Fox’s brother and currently playing a junior at UW-Stout. Think he’d only have one year of eligibility. He puts up a lot of points there but not sure really how good he is. 

He does put up a lot of points. But does he fill a need for us next year? Doesn't shoot 3's as a guard and isn't a post player. Not sure we would need another guard that can't shoot at all. 

However, he is a junior with an 'undeclared' major so he would probably fit right in with our team GPA ;) 

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

He does put up a lot of points. But does he fill a need for us next year? Doesn't shoot 3's as a guard and isn't a post player. Not sure we would need another guard that can't shoot at all. 

However, he is a junior with an 'undeclared' major so he would probably fit right in with our team GPA ;) 

Not so fast, my friend. Looks like he’d be a terrible fit. He made the Fall 2023 Deans List. ;)

https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/dean-students/deans-list

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Would that be awesome for our big added to the Young talent.  Wow.

Good that we offered. Might be a tough get though. His father and grandfather played football at NDSU and his mother played basketball at NDSU.

Maybe convince his parents that if you can't beat em, join em. His father was 2-3 against UND and his mother was 3-8.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t really know much about him but if someway somehow we snag both him and Klabo out of Fargo, that would feel huge. 

saw him play red river last month.......big ass frame......seems coordinated enough.....long arms and legs.

• 4 weeks later...

Tommy Ahneman was a problem tonight in the state semifinals! The thing that really impressed was his motor and the effort he played with. Definitely am a fan of his

28 points 17 rebounds 11 of those were O boards 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, McBuckets said:

Tommy Ahneman was a problem tonight in the state semifinals! The thing that really impressed was his motor and the effort he played with. Definitely am a fan of his

28 points 17 rebounds 11 of those were O boards 

Was there as well.  Very impressive big man, has good feet and good agility around the rim.

• Upvote 2