SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Recruiting

sioux24/7

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Not a good game for Doppler.  Believe he was 0-11.  Erickson played well, very good around the hoop

Doppler certainly hasn’t looked like a D1 player in either game.  This is the only two times I have watched him so very small sample size. 

31 minutes ago, homer said:

Doppler certainly hasn’t looked like a D1 player in either game.  This is the only two times I have watched him so very small sample size. 

Agreed.. Erickson looked solid last night.  Doppler was very underwhelming.  Jeremiah looked better as well as the two kids from red River.  Hopefully it was just a bad game for Doppler. 

6 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Agreed.. Erickson looked solid last night.  Doppler was very underwhelming.  Jeremiah looked better as well as the two kids from red River.  Hopefully it was just a bad game for Doppler. 

I don’t see Erickson in the rotation year one but with some added strength and conditioning he can play at this level.  Seems to have a high basketball IQ and is a bit of a throwback.  

I’ve watched a few Century games and Doppler has typically impressed me more than Erikson. Not the case yesterday.

Erikson being 6’10” obviously has the frame and he’s got some skill but a lot of work to do. He has to play to his size. Doppler usually is a solid defender and has a real nice mid range game. Neither should see minutes next year and in a traditional college basketball world, they should redshirt but we will see what happens. 

I think Bothun would fall under should redshirt category as well. 

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve watched a few Century games and Doppler has typically impressed me more than Erikson. Not the case yesterday.

Erikson being 6’10” obviously has the frame and he’s got some skill but a lot of work to do. He has to play to his size. Doppler usually is a solid defender and has a real nice mid range game. Neither should see minutes next year and in a traditional college basketball world, they should redshirt but we will see what happens. 

I think Bothun would fall under should redshirt category as well. 

I'd agree, Doppler is more consistent than Erickson but seems like Erickson is turning it on now that the games matter more. The one thing that does concerns me about Doppler is how much he relies on making tough shots. But yeah neither should be in the rotation next year, they both could develop into solid players though after a couple seasons.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Does Sem have grade issues or what is the problem there?  He is super explosive!

Tough home life.  No offers is a little alarming but we need an athletic playmaker…..Still need to offer in my mind.  

7 hours ago, McBuckets said:

I'd agree, Doppler is more consistent than Erickson but seems like Erickson is turning it on now that the games matter more. The one thing that does concerns me about Doppler is how much he relies on making tough shots. But yeah neither should be in the rotation next year, they both could develop into solid players though after a couple seasons.

Doppler had  rough game yesterday but had a nice game today. I thought he was their most consistent player most of the season. Erickson had a nice game yesterday but was not much of a factor today.

Even Brauns 6'9" 240lbs played last season for the Belmont Bruins. He is originally from Iowa City and has 2 years of eligibility. He'd be a great option at the 5 for UND. Averaged 7 points, 5.3 boards, and just over a block per game this last season. Seems like a really solid player and moves his feet well on defense. I'll have to find some ball screen film and see how defends that but I think he would help give us a stronger inside presence on defense. Plays hards on both ends and scores a lot of put backs (averages just shy of 2 O boards per game).

10 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

He definitely would fit a need. But I doubt he would want to play for und. Do you know if we are looking at him ? 

I have 0 idea, saw him on Twitter yesterday and that he was from the midwest. So should give UND a small chance at him, definitely would contacted and trying to get him on a visit.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:53 PM, McBuckets said:

Even Brauns 6'9" 240lbs played last season for the Belmont Bruins. He is originally from Iowa City and has 2 years of eligibility. He'd be a great option at the 5 for UND. Averaged 7 points, 5.3 boards, and just over a block per game this last season. Seems like a really solid player and moves his feet well on defense. I'll have to find some ball screen film and see how defends that but I think he would help give us a stronger inside presence on defense. Plays hards on both ends and scores a lot of put backs (averages just shy of 2 O boards per game).

This is the type of big man we need to get. Not sure we have much shot at Even, looks like he will be pretty sought after

• Upvote 1

Majok Majouk from Southwest Minnesota State University has entered the transfer portal. 6'10" but only 170 pounds. Super long and athletic. 3rd in the NSIC in blocked shots. 3 years of eligibility. Would be a project but very high upside! 7 PPG, 5 RPG, and 1 block per game. Shot 37.6% from three on 85 attempts as well. UND needs to be all over this kid ASAP!

Another player from SMSU to keep an eye on if he hits the portal is Dunwa Omot. From Mankato but went to different high school than BJ. His brother? Cousin? 6'3" guard. Sophomore this year and averaged 17 PPG with 37% from three on 140 attempts. 2.3 assist to turnover ratio. Could be a good player to bring in as a backup PG or another wing scorer. If he enters the portal UND needs to be all over him as well!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Majok Majouk from Southwest Minnesota State University has entered the transfer portal. 6'10" but only 170 pounds. Super long and athletic. 3rd in the NSIC in blocked shots. 3 years of eligibility. Would be a project but very high upside! 7 PPG, 5 RPG, and 1 block per game. Shot 37.6% from three on 85 attempts as well. UND needs to be all over this kid ASAP!

Another player from SMSU to keep an eye on if he hits the portal is Dunwa Omot. From Mankato but went to different high school than BJ. His brother? Cousin? 6'3" guard. Sophomore this year and averaged 17 PPG with 37% from three on 140 attempts. 2.3 assist to turnover ratio. Could be a good player to bring in as a backup PG or another wing scorer. If he enters the portal UND needs to be all over him as well!!

Dunwa is BJ’s brother. 

• Upvote 2