SiouxSports.com Forum

Beautiful Stearns County......

Wilbur

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Talent isn't the issue. Having everyone on the same page every night is what needs to happen for this team to win consistently.

We score more gpg 3.67 and SC 3.29 but SC only gives up 1.71 gpg and we give up 3 gpg.  Basse has a gaa of 1.29 while Helsten and DeRidder have a gaa of 2.73 and 2.95 respectively. Basse save % .948 and both our goalie save % .869 and .891. SC has been stingy on defense and we've been porous. We've gotta score early and play good defense which we can do.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/luke-basts-return-to-lineup-comes-at-key-time-for-fighting-hawks?fbclid=IwAR1aokWG_gfQO1h6j3mSWWPQSrC1Jgb-WcHMUz0_dogHaDdmg2Nup_FO73w&auth0Authentication=true

This weekend, they'll head to No. 3 St. Cloud State (7:30 p.m. Friday, 6 p.m. Saturday at Herb Brooks National Hockey Center) shorthanded on the back end again. Frisch will not be available to play, UND coach Brad Berry said.

Johnson is expected to be available, but it still means Bast could play a big role against the Huskies.

St. Cloud State will play without fifth-year senior Spencer Meier, according to a report from The Rink Live. Meier has been battling an injury for a couple of weeks.

The Huskies may be getting a pair of forwards back, though. Kyler Kupka and Chase Brand have both returned to practice, The Rink Live reported.

I was at the GAME they treated UND fans like crap.  It was very clear to me they didn't want to play UND.  We granted them their wish and moved out of the WCHA.  Yet here they are again.  I am still in the camp of why are these guys in the NCHC?  I am all for them going away.  I want nothing to do with SCSU simply put an awful school.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

You don’t think UND salvages a split at all? I think UND had to have learned their lesson from the big ice on at the Goofs, to be able to at least get a split. Thinking the boys come out inspired and play the best hockey we’ve seen all year.

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

I was at the GAME they treated UND fans like crap.  It was very clear to me they didn't want to play UND.  We granted them their wish and moved out of the WCHA.  Yet here they are again.  I am still in the camp of why are these guys in the NCHC?  I am all for them going away.  I want nothing to do with SCSU simply put an awful school.

My brother goes to the series every year. And every year they get treated like garbage. They've been yelled at, spat on, and gotten threats of violence. Certain St Clown twitter fan pages going "Hurr Durr UND bad" is one of the most hypocritical things I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, NCsiouxfan1733 said:

You don’t think UND salvages a split at all? I think UND had to have learned their lesson from the big ice on at the Goofs, to be able to at least get a split. Thinking the boys come out inspired and play the best hockey we’ve seen all year.

Here I was thinking a split on the road at SCSU this weekend would be a good result.

17 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Something tell me that we will spank them this weekend.

If we are fortunate enough to win, I think the games will be close.  UND has been in tight games all season, I don't see that changing, especially against a highly ranked team on the road. 

1 hour ago, NCsiouxfan1733 said:

UND was lucky to get a split against Minnesota.  Out shot 2 to 1 on the weekend bailed out by Deridder.  If UND gets outplayed like that this weekend they will easily get swept.

4 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

UND was lucky to get a split against Minnesota.  Out shot 2 to 1 on the weekend bailed out by Deridder.  If UND gets outplayed like that this weekend they will easily get swept.

They were also 1+ minute away from a sweep. Been over this SOG discussion a million times. That's what Minnesota does ... they fire the puck from everywhere. That series was a close one.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, Dave Berger said:

On 12/2/2022 at 10:48 AM, NCsiouxfan1733 said:

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. :p

Dave