SiouxSports.com Forum

Beautiful Stearns County......

Wilbur

Depending on who you talk to we either swept the Beavers or got a win and a tie.  Either way we moved up in the all important PWR.

Going into a really tough building playing a very very well coached hockey team this weekend.  We will get exposed defensively if we don't clean that end of the arena up or go into lulls where we don't play in the offensive zone.

Figure out a way to get 3+ points out of the weekend and bus straight to Lawson.  

48 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So what has changed from last year when this same D played very well and the only one missing is Sanderson and he missed plenty of games , so why are they playing so poorly as a unit ?

Wondering if the fact that we haven’t had 8 healthy d-men all season is playing a role. From my memory only 2 defensemen haven’t been sick or injured and missed a game or more at some point this season. I don’t really know if it’s a factor but just an observation. 

Im also starting to wonder if Driscoll bailed them out more than we may have thought last year and this year we haven’t had our goaltending be able to save us (DeRidder at Minnesota the exception) 

16 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Wondering if the fact that we haven’t had 8 healthy d-men all season is playing a role. From my memory only 2 defensemen haven’t been sick or injured and missed a game or more at some point this season. I don’t really know if it’s a factor but just an observation. 

Im also starting to wonder if Driscoll bailed them out more than we may have thought last year and this year we haven’t had our goaltending be able to save us (DeRidder at Minnesota the exception) 

When our D is going good they rotate a lot in the offensive zone and go down low to chase pucks or they will find seams and rush the puck to the net like Kleven did on the James goal. I think we have been out of synch as far as this part of the Ds game has went in the first half of this season. I think sometimes the D has changed their minds and have been caught in no man’s land more so this first half when they should have set their mind and not doubted themselves and either stayed back or went down low or joined the rush and not went half way and changed their mind.

13 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

When our D is going good they rotate a lot in the offensive zone and go down low to chase pucks or they will find seams and rush the puck to the net like Kleven did on the James goal. I think we have been out of synch as far as this part of the Ds game has went in the first half of this season. I think sometimes the D has changed their minds and have been caught in no man’s land more so this first half when they should have set their mind and not doubted themselves and either stayed back or went down low or joined the rush and not went half way and changed their mind.

Another thing is we’ve had our freshmen playing a lot of heavy minutes especially since we’ve gotten our top line of Gaber Mac and Blake. We’ve also got Strinden and James logging a good amount of ice time. These freshmen may not have been accustomed to going back in coverage when the D activates and goes up into the rush., goes down low in O zone, rushes the net from their DSpot etc. I think now after some games our freshmen are more comfortable in their roles when you have very active D men. I think our D play will get better now as everyone seems to be more on the same page now.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

MidCo SN TV listings does show both Friday and Saturday night’s upcoming games are televised. 

Midco feels it's best to protect their customers instead of ask them attend in person anymore in Stearns county.... 

Just meth daddy's and crack whores stabbing anyone they see for any cash they can scrounge to be able to get to game and ooogle the huskiest of womenfolk.

Thank you Midco, you do a service to us all here.

43 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Just meth daddy's and crack whores stabbing anyone they see for any cash they can scrounge to be able to get to game and ooogle the huskiest of womenfolk.

Seems like a nice place housing organizations such as ... 

Central Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force 
Central Minnesota Violent Offender Task Force 

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This conversation will not devolve to politics.
Board Guidelines: No politics.

That is all.

The Moderation Team 

Devolve is the right choice of words.  Political discussions are great--in their place.  

We're  not all hockey experts here for nothing.