SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Have I ever said that fans are more important than the players/recruiting or coaching? No. You just falsely attributed something to me. Not a surprise. 

Nebraska fans are super passionate, and passionate fans are important, but don’t make it sound like I’ve said fans are more important than the coaches and players, because I never said that. 

You backpedal like an experience QB with a green line.....  are you that California kid with the corn rows?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

59 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Even if they’re the best FCS team, we had zero answers for them on O or D.  

Many of you have played and/or coached.  

Was this game over before it began?  (Art of War).  I’ve had that feeling  about this team the last season and a half.  Actually since the Bison debacle at the Alerus.

Especially disappointing since UND had 2 weeks to prepare for the disaster in Brookings. NDSU-UND has always been a big game, and Bubba and his teams have always had the “deer in the headlights” look during all of them. Will 10/14 be any different? We’ll see…

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, Nebraska also has the longest sellout streak in the nation. UND could learn a thing or two about respecting and listening to the fans. I fear (and know from experience) there’s a lot of tone-deaf snobs in the UND athletic department with ulterior motives. Their heads are a bit too big, you could say. 
Alerus Center would be more full potentially if the fans had a larger voice.

When it all comes down to it, it is all about finances, but extending Bubba after a 5-6 season makes you wonder what else is going on.

When we were at Nebraska last year several fans mentioned that the only reason the "sell out" record continues is that several local businesses buy up the tickets. They said if the losing continues that might come to an end. There is obviously a lot of community pressure on those busiensses to continue to buy those tickets and keep the streak alive. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

After the Yotes beat the Bison, the game @USD moves to a "L" from a "toss up".  Remainder of the schedule gives us 2 more wins(W Ill and Ind St), 3 losses( NDSU, @UNI, @USD) and 2 "toss-ups"(@Murray St and Ill St).   

We will finish with 4-6 wins and 5-7 losses. 

Vintage Bubba ball.

yep that game in fargo puts that sodak game in a whole different light.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, shep said:

Then again, neither are any of us, but that doesn't stop MANY from pretending they are.

Who is pretending to be a coach? I see a lot of people giving their opinions. You know this is a message board designed for people to give their opinions. Crazy!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Who is pretending to be a coach? I see a lot of people giving their opinions. You know this is a message board designed for people to give their opinions. Crazy!

Oh c'mon. There's plenty on here who offer their opinions as though they know more than the coaches. If it offended you, you may be one of them.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, shep said:

Oh c'mon. There's plenty on here who offer their opinions as though they know more than the coaches. If it offended you, you may be one of them.

So who cares if User123 thinks they know more than the coaches? I also know nothing about football, but I'll give my opinion on here just like every other user on this board is doing. Wild!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

So who cares if User123 thinks they know more than the coaches? I also know nothing about football, but I'll give my opinion on here just like every other user on this board is doing. Wild!

As well you should. You're as free to give your opinion as I am.

But...you disagreed with my comment that many think their opinions are coach like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

When we were at Nebraska last year several fans mentioned that the only reason the "sell out" record continues is that several local businesses buy up the tickets. They said if the losing continues that might come to an end. There is obviously a lot of community pressure on those busiensses to continue to buy those tickets and keep the streak alive. 

You’re absolutely correct, but the sellout streak is still impressive nonetheless, and those businesses and fans that have helped accomplish the streak are noteworthy and worth recognizing. 

Business and fan support of that degree for UND football in Grand Forks is certainly absent. For hockey, maybe, but certainly not football. Could it develop for football? Maybe, with certain changes and openness from UND. 

16 hours ago, Dustin said:

I thought if the fans demanded excellence, then we would get excellence.  And if the fans settle for mediocre, we would get mediocre.

Actually, I think it is more if the administration demands excellence - fans had nothing to do with renewing a 5-6 coach before his contract was up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Based on my conversations with my SU buddies in the FM area this is the least talented NDSU team in a decade. Can't blow this opportunity especially at home.

And I'm sure the nasty SU fans will want a win more now than ever. They love to throw out how we can't even beat them on down years. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, AJS said:

I posted this earlier this week. There is a chance that the reason it was so lopsided is because SDSU is a step or two better than ANY other FCS team, except for Montana State. Let’s let this one play out for a few more weeks. 

I agree with this. MSU demolished Weber 40-0. I think when those two teams are on.....it is likely nobody will beat them. That said every team has some poor performances and SDSU may have some games where they beat average teams by only 10-15. SDSU was coming off a bye week and a ranked ND team coming in was a big game and they wanted to show us who is boss......and they absolutely did. 

We will see how the season plays out. Regardless if those two teams are head and shoulders better.....it was embarrassing getting pummeled like that. They also pummeled a pretty good NDSU team last year in the Championship game though too. I still think we can be a good team, but obviously we have quite a ways to go to get to the top.