SiouxSports.com Forum

Moving on to the Beavers....

Wilbur

After a split with Miami and losing 3 of 4 at home its the dreaded home and home with the Beavers.

They are......5-3-1.  Beat SCSU at home, split with mighty ASU, and just split with Northern Michigan.  

If we can't complete a 10 foot pass it'll be a long weekend.  #full60 will be important.  And the whole defensive zone thing may have to be discussed.  

Guessing the net now belongs to the Swede.  

BSU is never a good matchup for us with how they clog things up.
Even more so this year when our breakouts are horrible and our defensive zone coverage is non-existent at times.  Not to mention our team save % is one of the absolute worst in the nation.

I'm hopeful that we can get one win out of the weekend.  I'd like to be more optimistic, but this UND team is so damn inconsistent.
In some games, they look like they could be top 10 title contenders...Friday night QU/UNO/Miami come to mind.  But then the very next game in all three of those series, they looked like a completely different team.

22 hours ago, brianvf said:

BSU is never a good matchup for us with how they clog things up.
Even more so this year when our breakouts are horrible and our defensive zone coverage is non-existent at times.  Not to mention our team save % is one of the absolute worst in the nation.

I'm hopeful that we can get one win out of the weekend.  I'd like to be more optimistic, but this UND team is so damn inconsistent.
In some games, they look like they could be top 10 title contenders...Friday night QU/UNO/Miami come to mind.  But then the very next game in all three of those series, they looked like a completely different team.

I haven't seen much from BSU this year, but they definitely have some good wins. How's their team speed? Friday against Miami, we showed how dominant this team can be when patient in the d-zone, avoiding forechecking and grinding out possession. I know BSU is always solid defensively, but I don't recall them being overly aggressive on the forecheck, just patient in neutral (which has been a problem for us, too, but not the hugest problem, IMO).

On 11/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, Wilbur said:

After a split with Miami and losing 3 of 4 at home its the dreaded home and home with the Beavers.

They are......5-3-1.  Beat SCSU at home, split with mighty ASU, and just split with Northern Michigan.  

If we can't complete a 10 foot pass it'll be a long weekend.  #full60 will be important.  And the whole defensive zone thing may have to be discussed.  

Guessing the net now belongs to the Swede.  

I think the answer to what ails this team is a grey set of NODAK jerseys.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I think the answer to what ails this team is a grey set of NODAK jerseys.

Could be, but my bias is that we try something with flames, or some kind of three dimensional lettering. We could also try faux logs to build the letters. Might distract the beavers if they see some good wood…

4 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Could be, but my bias is that we try something with flames, or some kind of three dimensional lettering. We could also try faux logs to build the letters. Might distract the beavers if they see some good wood…

It’s been my experience that beavers are often distracted by good wood. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

(The link above is to a Primus song.)

Saw Primus in...<counts on fingers>...'93. Holy crap. I'm old.

...and now I'm down the rabbit hole, watching all the old Primus videos. Productivity: gone. Thanks @90siouxfan.

'92 here.  Opened for U2 on the stadium tour.  Guess I'm a touch older.  :)

Still hard to get over the fact that they canceled that Fargo show a few years back, but then I remember that the drummer had just had a heart attack so, yeah...

• Upvote 1