SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #5-Stu and Omaha.

Wilbur

Lets not talk about the destination disaster (again).....

Team is in a slump.  Last regulation win was October 8th, so if they get swept at Baxter they will successfully go a month without a full win.  So there is that.  I thought the one guy that really took a step in Vegas was Blake.  You can see the kid is just getting more confidence as the days go by.  Maybe a change to a line with 22 is in order? 

My lines:

9-22-18

26-8-17

10-19-27

29-11-20

28 can have a suit or be the extra skater. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Thank god you started a new topic. I just think the Mavs are too young over there. Also some key injuries. Should be interesting though.

UNO always brings their best game against UND, and they're at home to boot.
With how UND has played in their last few games, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if we had some more angry forum comments next weekend.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This has all the makings of a hot goalie Friday loss followed by a come to Jesus Saturday win....

Oh for sure.

Not a single player on their roster has over 2 goals this season.  Except for Jack Randl...who has 10 goals already.  :0
This kid must have eaten nothing but Wheaties this offseason.  He scored 0 goals as a freshman at UM.  Then 5 goals as a SO at UNO.  9 goals in 38 games last year as a JR.  Now 10 goals in only 8 games as a senior?  Very similar numbers to Judd Caulfield for his FR-JR seasons, but I guess Judd didn't follow in Randl's offseason Wheaties training for this season.  ;)  They even wear the same number.  :blink::D

If UNO were in my adult beer league, Randl would be the ringer that everyone yells to cover when on the ice.  "Just watch #28!"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yes.....but bigger question does he still have his dog Penny??

He has a dog named ‘Penny’? Like to know the story behind that one. Growing up a neighbor had a Collie names Penny. Got it from her lover my mom said later on. ‘Penny for your thoughts’ was the story…

Well, that will give the kids on the Vegas conversation some more to whine about. For all the name calling that goes on about Omaha, some around here can certainly give them a run for their money. Woe is us! We lost a game! And don’t let this get out! We might lose another! And, don’t take this as witchcraft! The sun will rise! The world will turn, gravity will remain engaged and the laughter of a baby shall warm your heart once again!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Well, that will give the kids on the Vegas conversation some more to whine about. For all the name calling that goes on about Omaha, some around here can certainly give them a run for their money. Woe is us! We lost a game! And don’t let this get out! We might lose another! And, don’t take this as witchcraft! The sun will rise! The world will turn, gravity will remain engaged and the laughter of a baby shall warm your heart once again!

It's not losing as much as how we are losing (poor effort, bad d-zone coverage). There is tremendous upside with this team, but things need to change and soon.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It's not losing as much as how we are losing (poor effort, bad d-zone coverage). There is tremendous upside with this team, but things need to change and soon.

I think that’s what’s frustrating about this team. They don’t lack talent, they can score, but it’s so inconsistent. Hopefully it’s just a transition period in baptizing the transfers and freshies into the way we play. 

I can’t remember which coach it was last year but it was the perfect compliment. It went something like “North Dakota plays like they don’t have elite-level talent on their team” or something along those lines. We need to get back to that.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I think that’s what’s frustrating about this team. They don’t lack talent, they can score, but it’s so inconsistent. Hopefully it’s just a transition period in baptizing the transfers and freshies into the way we play. 

I can’t remember which coach it was last year but it was the perfect compliment. It went something like “North Dakota plays like they don’t have elite-level talent on their team” or something along those lines. We need to get back to that.

All I remember is the 16 champs… man what force they played with. You just knew it was going to happen…

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

North Dakota might want to realize that everyone seems to bring their A game against them…

How about we spark the team by introducing a new set of jerseys for fans to slobber over?  That should divert the attention of some folks for a while. 

That or another hot tub.  Amiright???

Anybody else think we see the Swede in the net on Friday?  Got a feeling he gets a turn.  

15 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agree... gassing out after the 1st.

• Upvote 1