SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The John vs. Goofs - THE RIVALRY Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Agreed. DeRidder won’t be able to keep it that close two games in a row. 
Tonight was their chance. 

Two of the three goals were brutal…a lot of the shots were from the perimeter. We didn’t have that many great chances though. Fun atmosphere though 

7 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

hate to say it but the ralph is a church with bad advertisements and an annoying pa guy. 

gopher band kicked ass

The Ralph would have exploded if UND scored a goal late in the 3rd and won it in ot against the goofs at home. This series is different than Omaha pal. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Armchair qb and not to pile on but…Judd could have laid out and prevented that tying goal. Made a half ass effort at blocking a shot. I get not taking yourself out of the play by laying down, but that guy was slapping his stick on the ice the minute he hit the blue line. You knew a shot was coming. If you aren’t gonna contribute offensively, at least be tough to play against defensively. We’ve seen him enough to know what he is at this point and he should be one of the guys bouncing in and out of the lineup instead of others. Albrecht brings more to the team honestly. 

I wasn’t sure who the player was but said the  same on the tying goal.  Needed to sell out with the body.  Not a great effort. 

8 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

The only UND player finishing positive plus-minus tonight?

Blake. 

playing him with Schmaltz is a good call. 

But who's the third??

Judd.....no

Hain...looked OK last weekend in stretches.

At what point does Gaber get a chance?

Gaber Schmaltz Blake

McLaughlin with James and Matteo 

Senden Jamernik Hain

Judd Ness/Strinden Albrecht 

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

But who's the third??

Judd.....no

Hain...looks OK last weekend in stretches.

At what point does Gaber get a chance?

McLaughlin James and Matteo 

Hain Jamernik Hain

Judd Ness/Strinden Albrecht 

Does Bochenski have eligibility left? 

Im wondering how Costantini would look, but I hate to mess up McLaughlin’s line. 

I have no doubt that MN and Quinnipiac will be two of the top 5 teams heading into the end of the year. MN might be as talented as I’ve ever seen them. Something to put things in perspective. It’s good to get them early. This team still has a lot of room to grow. Had em both on the ropes last Friday and tonight. They’ll learn to close games out. 

16 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Does Bochenski have eligibility left? 

Im wondering how Costantini would look, but I hate to mess up McLaughlin’s line. 

Fair enough.....then it has to be Hain or James. On the top 2 lines tonight 5  guys are top 6 on this team. Need that 6th guy.

• Upvote 1