SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The John vs. Goofs - THE RIVALRY Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

All the memories.... all the feels.

Not a lot of fluff needed here. 

I feel like in the comeback on Friday against Q, we looked like a team that could make a deep run at a national title. Saturday, not so much. UND needs to tighten up the D against Minny's dynamic group. Should be a lot of fun. Let's see if we can get some of these young studs properly acclimated to The Rivalry.

3-2 UND

Sendo, Blake, Costantini

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a rivalry that some Goofer fans refuse to acknowledge even exists. That is one thing that puts even more fuel on the fire on our side. On their side, it is stuff like this......:devil:

I know this game did not involve our team, but Goofer fans have complained for years about how excited our fans were about the result. So I like to remind them of this whenever I can. :p

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is a rivalry that some Goofer fans refuse to acknowledge even exists. That is one thing that puts even more fuel on the fire on our side. On their side, it is stuff like this......:devil:

I know this game did not involve our team, but Goofer fans have complained for years about how excited our fans were about the result. So I like to remind them of this whenever I can. :p

I guess I've never met a Gopher fan who doesn't think UND is a massive rival. Even their players say it. 

30 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I said some. I think most of them acknowledge it. The B1G fan boys who hate playing schools like ours are the ones I am talking about.

Right, and I didn't imply you said anything different. I'm saying I've never met a single Gopher fan that doesn't think UND is a massive rival. Insane how anyone could not think we are.

• Upvote 2

I keep reminding myself that this weekend's results don't prove that we are or are not a legit national title contender. Nevertheless, I want to see us pummel the Gophers into pulp.

Let's play some Sioux hockey and show that last Saturday's game was an outlier. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kevin G said:

I keep reminding myself that this weekend's results don't prove that we are or are not a legit national title contender. Nevertheless, I want to see us pummel the Gophers into pulp.

Let's play some Sioux hockey and show that last Saturday's game was an outlier. 

Fully agree. Even if we get swept this weekend I won't be worried big picture. Getting swept on the road by a top team is not a pairwise crusher. Plus it will help us learn a lot about ourselves and will give us more information about how we should play in our own zone. I'm not so sure we will like the immediate results this weekend (but praying I'm wrong). But I think that once we get some consistency with forward lines and chemistry along with learning how to track the proper guys in our D zone, nobody is going to want to play us. Also guessing that DeRidder will soon be taking the throne and will start to gel well with the D corp and steal a game here and there for us. Either way I'm guessing Deridder plays both games this weekend to keep us in it. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Onhockey.tv does NOT have it listed, so really hoping our guardian angel pulls through.  If not, a monthly pass to Minnesota on Big Ten plus is $10.

I think there is even a trial for the month you could use and cancel after Saturday's game if need be!

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I'll be at both games this weekend. The results I want and the results I'm guessing will happen are 2 different things haha. I'm guessing 5-2 gophers tonight with our D zone issues being extrapolated on the olympic sheet. Hoping for 5-0 in our favor :D 

Damn, I did not realize it was an olympic sheet... f***