SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

On 8/4/2022 at 9:17 AM, Sioux>Bison said:

As a Husker fan can you please warn them that UND got up on Utah State 21-0 in their FBS game last year. I really hope Frost drills that in their heads. Can’t sleep on any team. For UND’s sake I hope they do over look the lesser FCS opponent. I feel UND can stick with them until the second half. That seems to be when the FBS team depth takes over the game.

My prediction was pretty spot on

On 8/4/2022 at 10:44 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Strategy for all FCS teams facing an FBS opponent.  Score early and often.  Get them on the ropes.  If that is not possible, keep it close for as long as you can.  The loater in the game it stays a 1 score game, the btter.  Get the FB?S team thinking in the back of their mind that there might be a chance they lose this game.  GEt thewm tight late and force a mistake and eke out a win.  

Spot on also

10 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I’m not sure anyone can say Nebraska isn’t good enough to win the MVFC. SDSU played Iowa tough but couldn’t move the ball. Iowa needs to get a lot better if they are going to contend for a conference championship. We haven’t seen the Bison yet but I assume they are the team to beat. Nebraska has some pieces of the proverbial puzzle. They have a big offensive line and some very talented RB’s. If their QB settles in and mixes in his ability to run they can be decent. 
Having said that I don’t believe fans are proud of any loss. I believe they are proud of the effort. 

Iowa's offense is a joke.

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

Iowa's offense is a joke.

Watched both games today and Nebraska last week. Nebraska offense looked heck of alot better. Iowa has the much better Defense it appears. Small sample size. But SDSU wasn't doing anything impressive either. 

The hard part too is it is a 21 PT lose. Maybe only 14 if we punt on 4th and long but I think I rather see us take the last chance we may have to do something. We failed to convert. Nebraska was fine just running clock but wasn't much field to use to run the clock with the field position.

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Tough loss. The coaches had the guys well prepared and they played hard and competed against a Nebraska team that had a huge offensive and a big defensive line, and some very quick hard running backs on offense and some good speed defensively especially their linebackers and secondary. A couple of big mistakes put us in a hole in the third quarter and we couldn’t get back in it in the 4th quarter. If we clean up a couple of stupid penalties, get our punting squared away, stay healthy, and improve each week we can be pretty good. Great atmosphere for our guys who didn’t seem in awe. 

nine years later you think kostitch is just gonna get figured out somehow....

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Need to get Wilson the ball in space more often.

A burner needs to emerge somewhere, somehow.

how about instead of "guiding" him to the sidelines...put him in the slot and drag him across the middle from left to right and see if people can move ther feet to keep up with him and then tommy two gloves can hit him in stride and lift off!!!!

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

What did you think Kostich did wrong?  Players were in the right position to make plays. That was his job. The players have to make plays. 

9 years later......it's on the players still?  he is clueless as a  ST coach....

i work with a 70'sh lady that was laughing at our ST and she doesn't really know football...blocked punt, short punts, "haha that extra point BARELY went in!!!"

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

9 years later......it's on the players still?  he is clueless as a  ST coach....

i work with a 70'sh lady that was laughing at our ST and she doesn't really know football...blocked punt, short punts, "haha that extra point BARELY went in!!!"

I think our punting will be just fine this year.  Next week very few opportunities.  The Hawks will be doing fine in this year.

• Upvote 1