SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

10 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

@Bison06 what say you?

I believe in and support the credo Once a Bison Always a Bison, because of that, I wish the kid the best and hope he finds what he is looking for.

That being said, I don't find this to be a loss for the team necessarily. Branding yourself is a part of today's game, I get it, but at some point the personal hype train needs to be backed up by play on the field and I simply haven't seen it with him. 

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

Let me know when they start recruiting the 6 man teams like mon-DAK thunder

With the entire foundation of the NDSU O-Line being 9 man football I can't believe they don't think 6 man football produces enough DI talent.  Man they are arrogant. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I believe in the and support the credo Once a Bison Always a Bison, because of that, I wish the kid the best and hope he finds what he is looking for.

That being said, I don't find this to be a loss for the team necessarily. Branding yourself is a part of today's game, I get it, but at some point the personal hype train needs to be backed up by play on the field and I simply haven't seen it with him. 

Love it.  Let's see the dancing videos someone else mentioned!!

35 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I believe in and support the credo Once a Bison Always a Bison, because of that, I wish the kid the best and hope he finds what he is looking for.

Yea yea yea, but what is your take on Tanguays take?

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:
                        GP AT COM %
2021 NDakSt  13 55 101 54.5 813 8.0 6 4 11 62
2022 Temple  5 6 11 54.5 64 5.8 0 0 0 0

Look at these Stats from Quincy Patterson.  I mean 58.1 yards per game and 54% completion at NDSU.  Only 4 picks vrs 6 TDs!!  Only took 11 sacks!!  Lighting it up at Temple going 6 for 11 in 5 games!!

I put a lot of passion in the All Hype players but QP 1 at QB U has to be in the conversation since he was going to be better than Trey Lance.

Yet Mohler put up more picks than TDS in 2010.  NOICE!!

GP ATT COMP INT YRDS TD   %  
Total 17 144 244 8 1816 11 61 0.59 7.4 106.8
2009 5 43 72 2 635 6 48 .60 14.8 127.0
2010 12 101 172 6 1181 5 61 .59 11.7 98.4

Jose is tough to beat. The hype for him was real. Not as much hype as QP1 but the numbers speak for themself.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Sproles returned for the entire fall season in 2021 and was named a team captain. Sproles played in all 15 games, finishing with 20 receptions for 284 yards and two touchdowns.......

This is 2 games for some receivers.  Either not good enough, out of favor with staff, or just the style of play didn't get much touches with Watson being there.  This was suppose to be his NFL lift off year, 2022!!  Team captain in 2021, not 2022.  

Not being voted captain in 2022 after being one previously is a major red flag.

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Appreciate his honestly. Never a good look to have former players bickering publicly like that, but it’s the world we live in I suppose.

I always thought sproles was the antithesis of then NDSU dynasties foundation. There’s a bunch of that on your roster now from what I’ve seen. Those guys are too far removed from the grind that got them to the top and are just standing on the shoulders of legends thinking they’re tall right now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I always thought sproles was the antithesis of then NDSU dynasties foundation. There’s a bunch of that on your roster now from what I’ve seen. Those guys are too far removed from the grind that got them to the top and are just standing on the shoulders of legends thinking they’re tall right now.

Couldn’t agree more. You could feel it coming in my opinion. Entz’ coaching style and demeanor is much more emotional than his predecessors. I am a firm believer that players will take on the personality of their head coach and he doesn’t have the same aura of unflappability that Klieman and Bohl did. 

NDSU is still very good and could potentially make a run. But these boys aren’t the absolute killers that the players who came before them were. Those guys were hungry, these guys…not as much from what I can see.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

NDSU is still very good and could potentially make a run. But these boys aren’t the absolute killers that the players who came before them were. Those guys were hungry, these guys…not as much from what I can see.

Your Jensen/Wentz/Stick teams made their own breaks. What I saw on Midco replay was a team hoping for one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Couldn’t agree more. You could feel it coming in my opinion. Entz’ coaching style and demeanor is much more emotional than his predecessors. I am a firm believer that players will take on the personality of their head coach and he doesn’t have the same aura of unflappability that Klieman and Bohl did. 

These guys have swag. Olson, Beck, Tanguay, Heagle, the Volsons, Schaetz, etc etc etc. All those guys were junkyard dogs. I’d say you could see small cracks in the culture starting to appear after Stick left. Still impressive as hell and NDSU is still very good. They just don’t feel like a machine anymore. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

The fact that you are only running into this now is pretty impressive.  Plenty of teams run into the lack of hunger even after one championship.  Keeping that passion for this long is quite the feat.  

• Upvote 2

got made fun of for "what if msu would've scored on that botched kickoff in the second half".....if ndac scores on that drive instead of bringing in timmy tebow's cousin's brother and they "probably" win 42-10 and no one is talking about cracks and schimzms in the ndac machine.

sometimes just one dumb ass play by the coaches can totally deflate a team...and bringing in tt for that one dumb ass play killed em...

10 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I'm curious how much of it is a generational thing in addition to that 

On 10/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, homer said:

Man if the “face of the team” left UND right after a loss BisonDan would be in this board telling us the team is falling apart and the ship is sinking.  

Taking on water, could be in the making; how exciting!
He's likely thinking, Bizon are going to take on more losses.

He's not alone. Area social media is dropping hints.
When the day of the Bizon FCS apocalypse arrives in Fargo, these Diehard arrogant SU fans will run for the hills.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Links or it never happened. 

Yes, home town fan comments out there regarding cracks in the mortar.
Social media is everywhere, it's a pillar of many people's lives. SS is just like a needle in the haystack.
I've read somewhere earlier this year that there are ~ 4.5 billion social media users on the planet. Many are using social media as a primary source of information. Like for the believers. 
What happens if the next slip by the Bizon is soon?