SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

So when can Sanderson make it back into the lineup?

When will this team stop taking so many bad penalties?

When will our PP actually be productive?

And will we ever see UMD stop diving?

The team was totally lost without Sanderson like a hive without it's queen.  I have been talking about how we have good depth but last night was just awful in so many ways.  Definitely not the same team that took care of DU handily two weekends ago.

Can’t get swept at home. Thinking back to Saturday night at Q. No doubt Duluth was the better team, but I also didn’t think it was jump off the page difference. Driscoll made some great saves, but the three goals Duluth had were (1) Fortunate bounce, right place right time (2) Weak (3) Ferner looking like the first time he’s laced skates. Three was fair amount to give up, but I didn’t get the feeling like they could have had five or six. 

Saturday, Driscoll and Special Teams. Penalty kill was good, the PP until the last one was embarrassing. Go +1 instead of -1 tonight, they got a shot.

2 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

How can a coach with any self respect allow his players to dive. That is panzy at best. And coming from a former Sioux player. 

I would love a reporter to ask Sandelin / James about the dive. I’ve never understood it. Having that reputation you think would be embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Can’t get swept at home. Thinking back to Saturday night at Q. No doubt Duluth was the better team, but I also didn’t think it was jump off the page difference. Driscoll made some great saves, but the three goals Duluth had were (1) Fortunate bounce, right place right time (2) Weak (3) Ferner looking like the first time he’s laced skates. Three was fair amount to give up, but I didn’t get the feeling like they could have had five or six. 

Saturday, Driscoll and Special Teams. Penalty kill was good, the PP until the last one was embarrassing. Go +1 instead of -1 tonight, they got a shot.

3 was also Ness getting his pocket picked and not recovering.

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Looks like to me we must have played fairly well to be only one goal behind with that many penalty minutes.

:)

Really an amazing picture. We just can’t do that

The lack of discipline and penalty minutes concern me. I almost think that the guys lost their composure a bit. Obviously, it's a rivalry game.  

5 hours ago, AJS said:

I would love a reporter to ask Sandelin / James about the dive. I’ve never understood it. Having that reputation you think would be embarrassing. 

I want to see the heavy line really get on the forecheck tonight as we made things way too easy for them last night.  As far as the diving it is something Sandy is obviously ok with and seems to encourage imo.

We got beat last night but it wasn’t an ass kicking loss. We got in penalty trouble, some of that was dumb on our part and some was good acting by the other team. Excuses, we have more, the flu bug hit us bad and we were without arguably our best player. But, we did not get kicked. Duluth is a good team, we could play them 10 times and 5 wins each would be very acceptable and maybe difficult for us to pull off even with a full roster. A win tonight is necessary and will put us right back in the thick of things in the conference and in the NCAA. 

12 minutes ago, mattim said:

I strongly disagree, lose by two or lose by 3 you still lose

Lose  by 2 or 10 makes no difference.  Berry at least didn't give up.  We have the pieces to beat Duluth but played like crap and our top player was out and we still hung around.  I take that away from last night as one of the only positives.

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh is having a bad night.  I do believe that he got this call right though. 

Untitled-376.jpg

The high stick call when he was literally 120 feet away after the other reff waived it off was brutal.

He watches Duluths d men do those pick plays all game long and then calls the one on Kleven when the guy swan dived.  

Why is it every flipping game with him?  Its like, wow who was the reff that.....oh no.....its Walsh....

• Upvote 1