SiouxSports.com Forum

Future of the UND Football Program

GoHawks

1 minute ago, Kab said:

I would bet freund would move if an fbs offer comes, waiting for Bubba  to retire may be too long for Danny 

The coach from Ferris state said he would like to coach at Montana just because of the atmosphere at the games 

I'm not sure why Coach Annese at Ferris hasn't moved on yet...but if I was an AD he'd be on my perpetual short list!

• Like 1

If we don't win any of the "big 3" games, I would prefer for Bubba to resign at the end of the season.  Doesn't have to be Danny to take over, but didn't he get some sort of "Associate" title earlier this year?  I would assume that's the direction it's heading.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

If we don't any of the "big 3" games, I would prefer for Bubba to resign at the end of the season.  Doesn't have to be Danny to take over, but didn't he get some sort of "Associate" title earlier this year?  I would assume that's the direction it's heading.

Oh goodie another UND lifer to get us 6-7 wins for a decade. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

He’s been here 13 years.

And has made himself a successful offensive coordinator.  Most coaches who have P5/G5 offers are taking those.  Danny made our WR's look good under an inept OC and now has our offense as one of the best in the FCS.  With new facilities and continued success on that side of the ball, he will have our offense at an elite level.  If only he could be our head coach now to recruit some dudes for our defense. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think the two areas of recruiting in danny's tenure has/is been qb and wr's and those positions have been sketchy.....

It’s not like Danny has his pick of any player he wants. Danny has been getting better recruits as the program and facilities get better. Still got to recruit guys to the frozen tundra which is tough for even guys from MN….

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It’s not like Danny has his pick of any player he wants. Danny has been getting better recruits as the program and facilities get better. Still got to recruit guys to the frozen tundra which is tough for even guys from MN….

does luke get the same excuses in Moscow?

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think the two areas of recruiting in danny's tenure has/is been qb and wr's and those positions have been sketchy.....

Best QB room and WR room we have had in Bubba's tenure. Under recruited QB on the Walter Payton watch list and an all American WR. Doing this all with limited facilities and a old, defensive minded head coach. Guess we might have different definitions of sketchy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goose15 said:

Best QB room and WR room we have had in Bubba's tenure. Under recruited QB on the Walter Payton watch list and an all American WR. Doing this all with limited facilities and a old, defensive minded head coach. Guess we might have different definitions of sketchy. 

how did this qb and those wr's do against a "good" team on saturday? 

i see this "facilities" stuff/excuses popping up again and again......why? why now?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how did this qb and those wr's do against a "good" team on saturday? 

i see this "facilities" stuff/excuses popping up again and again......why? why now?

QB had one really bad play when he tried doing to much.  WR had some very nice catches.  And if you think facilities don't matter when it comes to attracting the top QB's and WR's than I don't know what to tell you.   

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Idaho is the flagship out in Idaho…. He is recruiting a whole different market out there. Montanas is the only big competitor 

I would hardly call Idaho the flagship in the state of Idaho when it comes to football recruiting!  Look at the 300 mile radius...

72 miles to Cheney, WA

9.4 miles to Pullman, WA

242 miles to Missoula, MT

295 miles to Boise, ID

Arguably more competitive than UND's D1 landscape.

81 miles to Fargo, ND

265 miles to Brookings, SD

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

QB had one really bad play when he tried doing to much.  WR had some very nice catches.  And if you think facilities don't matter when it comes to attracting the top QB's and WR's than I don't know what to tell you.   

who said i disagreed on our facilities........alerus, pollard, a grass practice field (lust like everyone elses grass field), and our weights weigh the same in our weight room just like Idaho and ndac's.....

our facilities are our least of our concerns currently and with the the facilites coming in months...we are and will be fine in that capacity.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who said i disagreed on our facilities........alerus, pollard, a grass practice field (lust like everyone elses grass field), and our weights weight the same in our weight room just like Idaho and ndac's.....

our facilities are our least of our concerns currently and with the the facilites coming in months...we are and will be fine in that capacity.

Our facilities will be fine once we have memorial village and the addition to pollard done.  Weights might weigh the same but it matters where those weights are being lifted. 

1 minute ago, Goose15 said:

Our facilities will be fine once we have memorial village and the addition to pollard done.  Weights might weigh the same but it matters where those weights are being lifted. 

remember that season when we had no chance to succeed bc during camp our guys had to shovel snow off memorial when ndac had their bubble up.......laughable.