SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 ND High School Hockey

NoiseInsideMyHead

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looking at the state road cameras, ... 
https://travel.dot.nd.gov/?layers=cameras,closed-blocked,event-orange,incident-red,informational-grey,roads,travelalerts,warning-blue,warning-yellow 

... I've seen worse through my windshield. 

OK, OK, it might be a bit tough up by Rugby right now. 

I always love it when the map says "no travel" or "road closed" but the road camera shows some random rolling by in their truck. :D  

I do agree school now days gets closed way too quickly 

• Upvote 1

Should Central Cass and Kindred and Richland 44 and Northern Cass and Maple Valley close today? Yes.

Should West Fargo? Maybe ... given they still have rural coverage out by Horace and Harwood.

Should Fargo? Nope. 

How dare I say this? I challenge you to take a stroll through Wasted Acres later. The kids will be there. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

As a parent living in West Fargo I'm amazed at how quick they pull the plug on school nowadays.  Was looking forward to the West Fargo City Championship taking place at Purpur arena today.  

WDA Predictions today:

Williston, Minot, Legacy, Jamestown all win today.  

I grew up in western ND and in 6 years of jr high and high school I don't remember having a school day canceled because of winter weather and half the school lived in rural areas.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I do agree school now days gets closed way too quickly 

Told my daughter who is at UND they have had more days of class cancelled this year so than I did during my whole time at UND.  Armacost is soft. Clifford just told us to put on a sweater and a stocking cap.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Told my daughter who is at UND they have had more days of class cancelled this year so than I did during my whole time at UND.  Armacost is soft. Clifford just told us to put on a sweater and a stocking cap.

Zoom/Teams makes it so easy to just "go virtual". 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Zoom/Teams makes it so easy to just "go virtual". 

So does unmotivated and lazy faculty.

The College of Education at UND still has a majority of its classes online vs in person for the academic year........and they are pumping out teachers!

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I had a foreign professor from India in the 90s never seen snow

if it was forecasted he would cancel class

we were supposed to get there 11 chapters got thru two. 

btw it was in english class 

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

Many a day we had to turn our oven broiler on in our apartment just south of Burger Time for extra heat but we always made it to class and to the union at noon to shoot pool with Kauk and Gretzky 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

I'm guessing you were at every class...:whistling:

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I remember school being cancelled 1 day while I was at UND 1984-90.

Brutal snowstorm. Thankfully a couple guys in our house had been snowmobiling over the weekend so they had their sleds on a trailer out back. Ended up coordinating a pretty good rager that afternoon/evening over at the Beta house. Guys gave everyone rides from our house to the Beta house and then we worked the phones and made sorority and dorm runs to pick up some co-eds as automobile traffic was not an option, and walking was not advisable.