SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 ND High School Hockey

NoiseInsideMyHead

20 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I thought that the school system owns just two rinks in Fargo. I think there actually six rinks in Fargo. I thought the park board owns two and the two at scheels owned by i don’t know

2 at Southwest

2 at Scheels

Hat

Coliseum 

Fargo South School...

Thats 7, is there still ice in Sunmart?

West Fargo has 4 and 2? More being built?

That would be 13 total plus 5 in Moorhead? That would be nice.

Bis will have 5 in 2 years maybe..  and Mandan 2.. at least 1 more needed. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

If only there was a way to have an ice surface to practice on outdoors in ND in January like when I was in high school. 

Outdoor ice just isnt a reliable option out west there... but then again the indoor ice ain't that reliable either..."cough" wachter rink "cough"

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

My old coach would say that sounds perfect for conditioning skating drills. :D 

Ah yes. When we moved to Jamestown from Fergus Falls in 70’ we went from indoor ice to outdoor ice until 75’ when the Wilson Arena was completed. It could be -20 or 45 above it didn’t matter we were skating. Made ya tough ;)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

I've watched some games out in the West. Pretty rough year from what I've seen.  The Bismarck teams have definitely taken a hit being divided (3) ways.

Its been like watching donkeys juggle so far out west... 

Some bright spots and individual skill for sure, but the team that dumbs it down the most and plays total team focus hockey has the chance to be stomped by the least number of goals in their first round, charity game of the state tourney.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Its been like watching donkeys juggle so far out west... 

Some bright spots and individual skill for sure, but the team that dumbs it down the most and plays total team focus hockey has the chance to be stomped by the least number of goals in their first round, charity game of the state tourney.

Well said!

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Along those same lines, Devils Lake has beaten the first place, fifth place, and sixth place teams in the West (pointwise), but is winless in the East.

The East is so much better than the West this year. Bismarck schools are now watered down because of the addition of Legacy. Minot still losing kids to juniors. It should be a clean sweep for the East at state once again 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

The East is so much better than the West this year. Bismarck schools are now watered down because of the addition of Legacy. Minot still losing kids to juniors. It should be a clean sweep for the East at state once again 

My darkhorse pics of Williston and Dickinson are sure not coming to fruition.

Jamestown and Minot have the best shot.

Bis High is completely devoid of talent but is too stupid to know it so they work hard, Ill give em that.

Crntury and Legacy simply cant score and to date havent outworked anybody.

RR and Davies both look damn good.

• 2 weeks later...