SiouxSports.com Forum

Last team eliminated in state

Dagger

At the beginning of year how many people would of thought that the last team eliminated from football playoffs in state would of been UND and not NDSU??  A great season to build on for next Fall. Need to get a little bigger to stop some of those big running backs. 

1 minute ago, Dagger said:

At the beginning of year how many people would of thought that the last team eliminated from football playoffs in state would of been UND and not NDSU??  A great season to build on for next Fall. Need to get a little bigger to stop some of those big running backs. 

Totally agree. This was a great year. 

14 minutes ago, Und246 said:

After never having to play a playoff game on the road in 10 years, ndsu found how difficult it is to win on the road. 

Ndsu's record at home during the last decade is worse than their road record i believe. 

I dont think the reason they couldn't move the ball effectively had anything to do with playing the game in Texas vs. Fargo.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Ndsu's record at home during the last decade is worse than their road record i believe. 

I dont think the reason they couldn't move the ball effectively had anything to do with playing the game in Texas vs. Fargo.

Yea NDSU lost not because they were on the road but because their qb was straight booty cheeks

• Upvote 1

Yes NDSU got beat by a better team which just happened to be at home. I would say in general in playoffs,  home teams seem to play better. NDSU should turn down home playoff games in the future if their  better on road. 

1 minute ago, Und246 said:

Yes NDSU got beat by a better team which just happened to be at home. I would say in general in playoffs,  home teams seem to play better. NDSU should turn down home playoff games in the future if their  better on road. 

Better teams also typically host playoff games. Obviously you'd prefer to play at home...sleep in your own bed, all that jazz. 

But...if you can't remotely move the ball, and its not some wild noisy crowd or trash weather...yeah, I got no sympathy.

4 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I thought NDSU was a bit lax on clock management at the end

A bit. But its not like they ran out of time...they got where they needed to be. Just didn't do what they needed to do.

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

A bit. But its not like they ran out of time...they got where they needed to be. Just didn't do what they needed to do.

I understand, but I would of still reved it up a bit to capitalized on the emotional component 

11 hours ago, Und246 said:

After never having to play a playoff game on the road in 10 years, ndsu found how difficult it is to win on the road. 

10 hours ago, Und246 said:

As others have said, ndsu has no problem winning on the road, they simply got beat by a better team yesterday. Yes, NDSU almost pulled it off and probably should have frankly. But they were fortunate to even be in the game at the end with the way the offense performed. Embarrassing really.

We’ll see what happens this fall, but those of us who have been really paying attention and not just looking at the W/L column have seen a concerning trend since Entz took the reigns. Hopefully he gets control of the team and gets things on the right track, but I’m not bullish on that at this stage and it has nothing to do with not winning another NC.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

As others have said, ndsu has no problem winning on the road, they simply got beat by a better team yesterday. Yes, NDSU almost pulled it off and probably should have frankly. But they were fortunate to even be in the game at the end with the way the offense performed. Embarrassing really.

We’ll see what happens this fall, but those of us who have been really paying attention and not just looking at the W/L column have seen a concerning trend since Entz took the reigns. Hopefully he gets control of the team and gets things on the right track, but I’m not bullish on that at this stage and it has nothing to do with not winning another NC.

Entz is a mouth breathing meat head. Probably a classic really good coordinator poor HC case. Maybe not as bad as Wade Phillips but close.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Entz is a mouth breathing meat head. Probably a classic really good coordinator poor HC case. Maybe not as bad as Wade Phillips but close.

LOL - As a head coach he's 23-3 with a NC - How's your coach doing the last 2 years?

• Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Dagger said:

... the last team eliminated from football playoffs in state ...

That and $5 gets you a footlong ham sandwich at a GF Subway if you know the secret phrase*. Sorry, but I'm hoping everyone in a green helmet yesterday is hungrier than that. 

*Fighting Hawks, or at least that's what the sign along I-29 says on the way to Grand Forks. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Since 2010 - Fact check time.

NDSU has 8 home losses

NDSU has 9 road losses

NDSU is 1-2 in road playoff games

Since NDSU has upwards of 10 home games a year the 9 road losses in much fewer road games is a lot higher percentage wise.

You should put your pretend narrative to bed, forever.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Since 2010 - Fact check time.

NDSU has 8 home losses

NDSU has 9 road losses

NDSU is 1-2 in road playoff games

Since NDSU has upwards of 10 home games a year the 9 road losses in much fewer road games is a lot higher percentage wise.

You should put your pretend narrative to bed, forever.

Again, if you’re on the road in the playoffs, you are typically an underdog. 

correlation doesn’t equal causation. 

ndsu wouldn’t have won that game at home yesterday either.

What narrative are you pushing? That if NDSU wasn’t undefeated/a one loss team in regular season for the last 10 years, they would have had to go on the road and had less national championships? That homefield advantage was earned in the regular season. 

Before yesterday ndsu had just as many losses at home as they did on the road so let’s not get carried away here.

home or away, ndsu has been nearly unbeatable for a decade.