SiouxSports.com Forum

Last team eliminated in state

Dagger

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Again, if you’re on the road in the playoffs, you are typically an underdog. 

correlation doesn’t equal causation. 

ndsu wouldn’t have won that game at home yesterday either.

What narrative are you pushing? That if NDSU wasn’t undefeated/a one loss team in regular season for the last 10 years, they would have had to go on the road and had less national championships? That homefield advantage was earned in the regular season. 

Before yesterday ndsu had just as many losses at home as they did on the road so let’s not get carried away here.

home or away, ndsu has been nearly unbeatable for a decade.

JohnboyND7  "Ndsu's record at home during the last decade is worse than their road record i believe. "

Just isn't true.  Especially when you look at the percentages and not just the losses, and it's not even close.

Earned home field advantage is a big deal in FCS, just accept it and stop trying to say it's not a huge advantage.  For a bunch of NC's you guys are really insecure.

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Since 2010 - Fact check time.

NDSU has 8 home losses

NDSU has 9 road losses

NDSU is 1-2 in road playoff games

Since NDSU has upwards of 10 home games a year the 9 road losses in much fewer road games is a lot higher percentage wise.

You should put your pretend narrative to bed, forever.

Hmm...odd...I don't think 2010 is in the last decade, are you still living in 2020?  Percentage wise, you are absolutely right.  They play more games at home.  Perhaps I could have been more precise with my wording, more of their losses in the last decade have come at home rather than on the road. 

2011 - 1 loss, at home. 
2012 - 1 loss, at home
2013 - undefeated
2014 - 1 loss, on road.
2015 - 2 losses, 1 each.
2016 - 2 losses, at home.
2017 - 1 loss, on road.
2018 - Undefeated
2019 - Undefeated
2020/21 - 3 losses, 2 road, 1 home.

Total in last decade - 11 defeats.  6 at home.  

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

JohnboyND7  "Ndsu's record at home during the last decade is worse than their road record i believe. "

Just isn't true.  Especially when you look at the percentages and not just the losses, and it's not even close.

Earned home field advantage is a big deal in FCS, just accept it and stop trying to say it's not a huge advantage.  For a bunch of NC's you guys are really insecure.

Don’t mistake discussion for insecurity. It’s a tired insult. 

We have more losses at home than on the road, though as you pointed out more games at home so the percentage is better. Although, if you take into account 2-3 warmup games, always at home most of those years and just get it down to conference games and playoffs. It’s damn close. 

This discussion is borne out of people dismissing NDSU’s success because “they never have to leave the Fargodome”

Yep, that’s how it works in the playoffs

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Uhh, I think an insecure person would say "wow if we had them at home we would have beat them!"  A secure person who watched yesterdays game would say "NDSU was lucky to even be in the game no matter where it was played."

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

Hmm...odd...I don't think 2010 is in the last decade, are you still living in 2020?  Percentage wise, you are absolutely right.  They play more games at home.  Perhaps I could have been more precise with my wording, more of their losses in the last decade have come at home rather than on the road. 

2011 - 1 loss, at home. 
2012 - 1 loss, at home
2013 - undefeated
2014 - 1 loss, on road.
2015 - 2 losses, 1 each.
2016 - 2 losses, at home.
2017 - 1 loss, on road.
2018 - Undefeated
2019 - Undefeated
2020/21 - 3 losses, 2 road, 1 home.

Total in last decade - 11 defeats.  6 at home.  

You really don't like that 2010 season do you.  Percentages.....I rest my case.

21 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

You really don't like that 2010 season do you.  Percentages.....I rest my case.

I said decade.  10 years.  Like a normal unit of measurement.  11 years is an odd unit of measurement.  2010 was probably my favorite season in college after 2011.  That team was all over the place.  I think UNI sacked our little qb like 10 times or something wild like that. Got goosegged by Missouri State. Got an FBS win scoring like 9 points, demolished Montana State, took the eventual champ to OT....fun year.

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I said decade.  10 years.  Like a normal unit of measurement.  11 years is an odd unit of measurement.  2010 was probably my favorite season in college after 2011.  That team was all over the place.  I think UNI sacked our little qb like 10 times or something wild like that.

Will you wear NDSU or SDSU gear in Frisco this year?

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Will you wear NDSU or SDSU gear in Frisco this year?

I havent been to Frisco since I graduated. Not sure I'd wanna travel across the country to watch the jackrabbits play. But I suppose if I was there I'd wear a random shirt.

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You are talking a lot for a guy who also had his team eliminated yesterday. 

I feel threatened.  Moderators??:D 

I agreed with a couple TD loss prediction before our game because we're too light on the D-Line, had our best safety out, and we don't have a burner at WR.  I'm not that disappointed as the game pretty much went how I thought.  

Bison are 1-2 in road playoff games since 2010. #justthefacts

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I feel threatened.  Moderators??:D 

I agreed with a couple TD loss prediction before our game because we're too light on the D-Line, had our best safety out, and we don't have a burner at WR.  I'm not that disappointed as the game pretty much went how I thought.  

Bison are 1-2 in road playoff games since 2010. #justthefacts

I’m sure they have a safe space with a weighted blanket and a white noise machine for you on UND’s campus so you can become “untriggered”

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I’m sure they have a safe space with a weighted blanket and a white noise machine for you on UND’s campus so you can become “untriggered”

With coloring books and hot chocolate I hope.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

They bring in puppies from the shelter on Tuesdays. ;) :D 

The vet tech program had a bunch of beagles students could take for walks...until I was a sophomore i think.

They did bring in puppies every now and then during finals I think too. 

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The vet tech program had a bunch of beagles students could take for walks...until I was a sophomore i think.

I know those beagles well. When I was a UND grad student I built some trace isotope detection tech for the NDSU lab where the beagles lived. (It was modeled after a similar facility at UND. NDSU got beagle size; UND had people size.) 

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know those beagles well. When I was a UND grad student I built some trace isotope detection tech for the NDSU lab where the beagles lived. (It was modeled after a similar facility at UND. NDSU got beagle size; UND had people size.) 

So thats why they all died...Sicatoka's shoddy craftsmanship.

44 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They did bring in puppies every now and then during finals I think too. 

Well then you always had a date for homecoming when the sheep were spoken for. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

So thats why they all died...Sicatoka's shoddy craftsmanship.

Um ... no. NDSU was running iron absorption experiments. They were using a radionuclide form of iron to detect how much and where in the body the consumed iron was stored.  Put another way ... NDSU was putting radioactive iron into dogs via diet, I (my machine) was just measuring how much stayed in the dog (and where within the physiology). And the dogs were all alive when they came out of my radiation detection machine. 

The NDSU folks cleaned up what 'came out of the dog'. :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I’m beginning to think people who went to ndsu don’t know how percentages work or what they mean. 

Let's help them.  Cam "Superman" Miller was 7 for 18 with 2 interceptions on Sunday.  7 divided by 18 is .388888 or 39% completion.  He threw 11.11% of his passes to the other team.  When a player caught one of his passes 22.22% of the time it was a Bearkat!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Let's help them.  Cam "Superman" Miller was 7 for 18 with 2 interceptions on Sunday.  7 divided by 18 is .388888 or 39% completion.  He threw 11.11% of his passes to the other team.  When a player caught one of his passes 22.22% of the time is was a Bearkat!!

Highest rated qb recruit of all time for NDAC

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Gonna be interesting in Fargo.  Cam does not appear to be the answer, at least based in yesterday game.  Maybe the VT drop down is transferring to NDSU because he is magic....

or bc he sucks like zeb and cam

• Upvote 1