SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. Duluth

Wilbur

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Well we're passed what has been our worst period in each of the last dozen or so games. Let's win the third! 

Yep. Boys need to give it all they have now. Time to explode the offense. I know they can do it. 

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Teams play back-to-back games all season. And last night wasn't that grueling. I think we should have enough in the tank tonight.

I think this year even more since the pod had 3 or 4 games each week, but wanted to bring it to Duluth early. Have a team coming off the win trying to pounce befoee the rust is wore off.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Right.  We were clearly the better team.  Shots were, what?  40-20 Sioux.

Not sure we're the better team tonight.

We do need to stop taking penalties though, that is for sure. The last one by #9 was a bad one.  

Its really borderline stupid this period for any guy to take three extra strides and finish a hit with your hands high.

Had Trevor Olson flashbacks there with a possible head contact penalty with an unnecessary hit.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wilbur said:

Its really borderline stupid this period for any guy to take three extra strides and finish a hit with your hands high.

Had Trevor Olson flashbacks there with a possible head contact penalty with an unnecessary hit.. 

I thought of the Olson hit as well

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

Right.  Unlike Michigan 2011, its a lot more even tonight, but still not sure we're been playing the better game.

I do think we could dial it up another notch, yes. Last 20 minutes, it’s do or go home.