SiouxSports.com Forum

Jacks VS Hawks

Nodak78

14 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Gotta start faster this week.

Anyone go to the Tav or Playmakers prior to the game last week? I think that’s my crews plan as long as it’s open.

Didn't go to Tav because online said it didn't open until 11. If you leave game a little early you wont get a table after because the place fills up. And playmakers didn't open till 5 I believe someone had told me. Which I think they are wasting a huge opportunity for business not being open.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I wish this game was coming where there was no warning for SDSU. 

That said ...

Dear Brookings Bunnies,

UND got so, so lucky with five turnovers by SIU. That was the story of the game: turnovers; nothing more. Nothing to worry about, Brookings Bunnies. Start thinking about Mar 6 or whenever your next game is. Hop along. 

Signed,
Bubba's Brood  

I would prefer the Bunnies have their best effort.  That's a more accurate measuring stick as to where UND is then it would be if the bunnies took us lightly.  

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

UND was lucky against SIU that a few passes were not intercepted.      

Obviously in every game there are passes that can be intercepted. But I don't remember any of Shusters 7 incompletions that were a sure handed INT that the defense dropped or anyting?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Obviously in every game there are passes that can be intercepted. But I don't remember any of Shusters 7 incompletions that were a sure handed INT that the defense dropped or anyting?

You are correct.  Even Quincy's passes would not be intercepted.  Both had a few not on target but safe from being intercepted.  I hope it stays that way.

17 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Shusters 7 incompletions

2 come to mind where the throw was there, but the receiver didn't catch it.  At least 1 was intentionally thrown at the feet to avoid anything worse than a loss of down.  Schuster played a safe, calculated game.

20 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Only one that pops into mind was the throw to Paulson.   It was a hair behind him and the defender had a chance.  Other than that, I agree

3 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Did these guys even watch the UND game?  We must of the worst run first QB since I don't think Tommy ran the whole game.  Not sure we rely on the trick play, I only remember 1 trick play and it failed.  Also don't remember a single pass the had a realistic chance to be intercepted.

He mentioned Vaughn as the run first QB. 

34 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Did these guys even watch the UND game?   Not sure we rely on the trick play, I only remember 1 trick play and it failed.  Also don't remember a single pass the had a realistic chance to be intercepted.

MVFC is really really going to enjoy Danny's offense.  :D

2 hours ago, Big Green said:

Did these guys even watch the UND game?   Not sure we rely on the trick play, I only remember 1 trick play and it failed.  Also don't remember a single pass the had a realistic chance to be intercepted.

It seems like more of a phrasing thing, as they consider all of the motion, jet sweep action, Vaughn QB packages, etc as "trick" plays. It is a pretty far cry from what I would call "gimmicky" but it does require the defense to be on the same page and communicate but the point of a lot of it is to create mismatches and cause the defense to show their hand. I agree that UND only ran one true "trick" play on the reverse flea flicker.

I also think they missed the ball on the size of UND's defensive line. Trying to compare the positions in a 3-4 to a traditional 4-3 kind of misses the point of the scheme.

Attendance at the UNI Dome was 2137 for their game last week. Looks like it should be pushing 4,000 for tomorrow's game. Hopefully the noise causes some additional issues for SDSU's true freshman QB.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Now those damn wabbits looked up what Zenner did to the Hawks defense the last time the jacks came to GF.  Different defense baby.  3-4 is the only comparison of 2013 defense and the 2021.  In 2013 UND wasn't trying to intercept passes.

This was a really entertaining game. Lotta big plays. Our defense made me pull my hair out though. 

24 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Now those damn wabbits looked up what Zenner did to the Hawks defense the last time the jacks came to GF.  Different defense baby.  3-4 is the only comparison of 2013 defense and the 2021.  In 2013 UND wasn't trying to intercept passes.

Not sure the UND defense was trying to tackle that year either.  4th and 1 for about 60 for Zenner was the back breaker