SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 NHL Season

cberkas

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Saw the hit, agree fully.  I doubt he plays again in this series. 

Very disappointed as a Jets fan.  Would have been the last player to suspect of doing that. 

It might depend on how they view the finish.  He was racing back to try prevent a goal, so if they think he couldn’t avoid contact he might get a little benefit of the doubt because he has a solid reputation. The finish is what might get him in big trouble. I only saw it a couple times, so I didn’t get a great feel if he should get some slack or not.  I think to be safe, the league will probably error on the side of about 5 games because I don’t see Evans playing again in this series, unless most of the paramedics attention was precautionary.

9 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

the media heads mentioned hand movements and a thumbs up from evans, so hopefully it was all precaution.  Scheiffle had a chip on his shoulder all game, wonder if that plays into any additional league decisions.

I missed most of the game, so yeah, if they feel he had an axe to grind it clouds the benefit of the doubt angle a bit.  

VGK 75 got 2 games for his nonsense the other night.

WPG 55 made no attempt to play the puck and made a full speed contact to the head collision (on a live national game in two countries) in a league that is trying to protect the head.

I'm setting the over/under of the suspension of WPG 55 at 4.5 games. (I think he'll get 4 so I'm on the under.) 

46 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

VGK 75 got 2 games for his nonsense the other night.

WPG 55 made no attempt to play the puck and made a full speed contact to the head collision (on a live national game in two countries) in a league that is trying to protect the head.

I'm setting the over/under of the suspension of WPG 55 at 4.5 games. (I think he'll get 4 so I'm on the under.) 

Who knows what the league will do. With that said I’m going under just for the fact that Scheifele has never been suspended before. I’ll say 3 games but knowing the NHL it could be just a fine to done for the remainder of the playoffs 

Maurice says it was a "heavy, heavy" hit by Scheifele on Evans after he scored an empty-net goal in the final minute of the opener of the teams’ playoff series on Wednesday.

But Maurice argues it wasn’t dirty, saying Scheifele’s feet were on the ice and his arms were tucked in.

This is unacceptable. 

“Another point I want to make is I can accept the punishment, I can accept the accountability – that’s what you sign up for being in the NHL – but the hate that my family has gotten, the bullying that they’ve gotten is completely unacceptable,” an emotional Scheifele said. “Online, phone calls, it’s pretty gross to see. My parents are the salt of the earth and for my parents to get hate like that, and my brother and sister, it’s awful. I can handle it. I’m a grown man and I’ve accepted that I can be held accountable for that but for my family to get that it hurts me a lot.”

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Easily one of the best clutch players in recent memory.  Seems like he's always on the ice - if not in the mix - for the game winners in OT.

No denying he’s clutch but I still don’t like him although I’d take him on my team in a heartbeat