SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 6-Stearns County

Wilbur

We move on to SCSU.  Hopefully that guy that wrote the epic brain injury/Caufield to prison post last season stops by....maybe not.

They still have a Brodzinski, and their goalie Hrenak has been there forever.  How you replace a guy like Ahcan remains to be seen.  They won three in a row to start. Then lost to a Western team with crappy goaltending.

Three points would be nice.  

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I'm a little surprised that Thome has only played one game. I expected to see just about an every other game rotation. Maybe he is in Berry's doghouse for some reason.

I’m not surprised at all. In fact, I’m surprised Berry gave him a game, just based on how Berry has managed goalies the last few years.  

14 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m not surprised at all. In fact, I’m surprised Berry gave him a game, just based on how Berry has managed goalies the last few years.  

Agree. Barry continued with Scheel last season even though he barely could stop a beach ball. Thome needs to play tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How many games did we lose last year? Your takes are usually spot-on, but I think this is a bit of an exaggeration.

Scheel clearly struggled after Christmas last year. It may not have shown in the wins and losses, but it was evident. If you have 2 perfectly capable goaltenders, if someone is struggling, I think you should give the other guy a shot. 

Scheel looked solid in that last game, except for the brain fart softie first goal. He really stood tall in the 3rd and OT. If anything, he plays away from goal a bit much and gives up too many rebound opportunities.  Still, I am fine with Thome or Scheel in goal. Probably time to give Thome a game.

Interesting tidbit: We had one daughter go to SCSU and another to Minnesota.  The only deal was they had to get us tickets to their games against UND.  Both girls usually wore Fighting Sioux jerseys to the games when we were there.  Even the Husky who was friends with some of the SCSU womens hockey players. I couldn't be prouder of them.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Huh? Given that they're playing 10 games in 20 days why don't you play the guy that was 7-1-1 with a .937 SV% and 1.37 GAA?

I don’t agree with how Berry has used the goaltenders in the pod.  I just wasn’t surprised. Berry isn’t exactly known for using a rotation. 

I straight up don’t like St. Cloud State and never have.  That said, it’s a quicker trip down I-94 from Fargo and that makes this an easy road trip in the years when they are on the schedule.

I fought my way through the snowmobile jackets to get to my seats at The Herb last February.  Their fans are just....I dunno the words.

”AIC! AIC!” ...a great night at Scheels Arena.

3 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

I straight up don’t like St. Cloud State and never have.  That said, it’s a quicker trip down I-94 from Fargo and that makes this an easy road trip in the years when they are on the schedule.

I fought my way through the snowmobile jackets to get to my seats at The Herb last February.  Their fans are just....I dunno the words.

”AIC! AIC!” ...a great night at Scheels Arena.

Their fans are bizarre to say the least. Was also at that Saturday game and sitting in those rinky-dink seats behind the end-glass; two SCSU fans (heading families with young children, mind you) both got mouthy with some UND faithful and tossed before the game even started. Very one-sided and passionately unpleasant.