SiouxSports.com Forum

Brewster Fired

SWSiouxMN

Just now, Hambone said:

I hate it when people lose their jobs, but I think this is the right call.  At the beginning of the year this team showed a lot of promise, only to really flame out as the year went on.  Best of luck to Mr. Brewster wherever he lands......

They showed alot of promise because when reviewing it was obvious Brewster scheduled for his job.  That was a WEAK OOC schedule.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Conspiracy theory question: if the younger Borowicz picked UND instead of Minnesota is Brewster still coaching today?

No.

Their performance against SDSU in Sioux Falls was probably the final nail in the coffin so to speak. 

I can't express just how awful that performance was live... SDSU was bad... and won by 29

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Kinda of a weak tweet suggesting that UND should have kept him because "he went to the NCAA in 2014"

That’s what I initially thought too...but check out his own follow up tweet. Alex puts things in perspective. 

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This team definitely needs a different voice and direction but it also needs better talent.

it needs more Megan Zander type bodies.  6'0", broad shoulders, long arms.  She is how guard/forwards are supposed to look at this level.  UND has too many little weak guards and forwards that can't do anything.  

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Kinda of a weak tweet suggesting that UND should have kept him because "he went to the NCAA in 2014"

Where did you get that? Yeah, he says Wow but I feel like that's a normal reaction to UND buying out a coach. 

The rest of his tweet was literally just facts that would be in any news report. 

• Upvote 2

Feel badly for anybody that gets canned, especially when they've had some success in the past, but it just seems like our program wasn't progressing over the last 3-4 years.  Whoever the new hire is, he/she will have some nice pieces to work with if we can keep them on board.  Hope we can get a great up-and-comer, preferably from the Midwest, that can get us back to where we used to be.  The cupboard isn't bare, so it won't be a total rebuild; I think that the right coach could have us competing for at least top three in a couple of years.

• Upvote 1

I've heard numerous times that Brew was very tough to play for and not incredibly gracious towards his players. I'm far from a "everyone gets a metal" advocate, but in this day in agree athletes don't respond to getting ripped apart time and time again. Eyes were opened when Freidge left and I bet she doesn't feel too bad for the guy..... 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Siouhawk said:

I have noticed that Brew has seemed to have lost his fire the past few years.  He has seemed  disinterested at times, especially when the game is going poorly. Has anybody else noticed this?

Yep, anytime the game is not going according to plan, he'll sit back in his chair and not coach. Late in the year (sdsu i think) there was a spot where Kacie was bringing the ball up after a score looking over at him for something to run and he . . . just . . .  sat  . . . . there. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I'm interested to see how many girls transfer out, especially if the NCAA one-time transfer legislation passes

My guess would be zero. I would guess those girls are ready for a change of scenery and most of them came for the school, chance to play D1, and overall feel for the school. I would be shocked if any of their number one reason to come to UND was Brew.

• Upvote 2