SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

14 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Wednesday and no proof of massive fraud. We will find out in the next few days if Trump can be a statesman.

What is the fraud threshold? Massive? Widespread? Scattered incidents? Only a handful of dead people voted in < state here >? 

"Gee honey, the fraudster only got $200k, it's not like they got a whole million." 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

True cultiest with blinders on. Never mentioned "all the things"
Sore loser. Try using some soap.

Interesting turn of phrase ... wasn't there a 'different' posted here infatuated with that term? (At least they could spell.) 

• Upvote 2

Wait, wait, wait ... I though Mister Walz was doing it all right, mask mandate and all. 

Seems he may be looking at leveraging bed space ... from neighbors.

Rocks and trees have available beds? 

... many hospitals are activating surge plans, which may include delaying elective surgeries, bringing in temporary nurses and looking at open beds in greater Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.

https://kstp.com/coronavirus/hospitals-preparing-for-dangerous-shortage-of-icu-beds-amid-rise-in-covid-19-cases-november-11-2020/5922100/ 

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Kind of like your last paragraph.
Questions I would have, do we do this audit in recounts or do we need some voting problems found first, who calls what states go through this process? Who decides if votes are legal, while being non-political?

I think with all the "glitches" these states seemed to have with their voting machines that an audit of a sample of write in ballots should be done.

Probably should be standard procedure.

One question that is kind of in relation to this. Why is it that whenever a group brings action to try and update and clean up a states voter rolls the democrats fight it tooth and nail? It would seem to make sense to remove people who have moved, died, have an unverifiable address, etc.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dynato said:

Don't put words in my mouth. You framed the 9 deaths as a big deal, not me.

Manitoba has twice the population of ND, one-fourth the deaths of ND, for roughly the same testing per capita. This means you are eight times more likely to die in ND from covid than you are in Manitoba at this point in time. 

I have a 90 times greater chance of getting a double double and a double chocolate at Timmy's in Manitoba too.

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Andnits foolish to compare points in time with points of virus spiking.

Virus gunna virus, eh.

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

"At this point in time".......huh, it's almost like the virus takes longer to spread to more remote areas.  Manitoba is looking like ND did about a month or two ago.  If Manitoba was testing as much as ND, including routinely testing healthy young people like is getting pushed in ND, you know that the numbers would be even worse for Manitoba.

Covid entered Manitoba within days of it entering North Dakota. Manitoba also a city which has a population equivalent to that of the entire population of North Dakota. COVID should have already been disastrous to their city. So what have they done up until this point in time to reduce spread and impact of COVID on their people if they started at the same time? 

Yes it is fair to assume if they gave up on their preventative measures, the human spirit running dry on not seeing friends and family, abandoning their safety protocols, etc that their COVID cases per capita would skyrocket out of control and be worse than ND. But as it stands right now, that is not the case

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Manitoba has ran 296,000 tests.  ND has ran around 960,000 tests.  Do you lie to people to feel better about yourself?

I was just going by the Worldometers Covid stats. Which tracks tests of individuals and not of tests total (which includes students who test multiple times). 
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

image.thumb.png.517aa32c1958ed22a222e5f833d603a2.png

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

I think with all the "glitches" these states seemed to have with their voting machines that an audit of a sample of write in ballots should be done.

Probably should be standard procedure.

One question that is kind of in relation to this. Why is it that whenever a group brings action to try and update and clean up a states voter rolls the democrats fight it tooth and nail? It would seem to make sense to remove people who have moved, died, have an unverifiable address, etc.

Fully agree with your last point.  Of all the things this country spends money on, this should be near the top of the list every year.   You can’t make the argument that every persons vote is important if we can’t even clean up voting lists to take people that have moved on one way or the other.  My vote shouldn’t count the same as a person that has past away or moved out of state.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Osterholm still on the 74000 MN death model? He has zero credibility except with the doomsday lemmings.

I take you to be a smart guy so I'll pose a simple math problem to you. There are 800,000 people 65+ in Minnesota. If we let them all get covid, how many of them will die based on current mortality rates? 

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/covidweekly44.pdf

1 minute ago, dynato said:

I take you to be a smart guy so I'll pose a simple math problem to you. There are 800,000 people 65+ in Minnesota. If we let them all get covid, how many of them will die based on current mortality rates? 

You're asking the wrong question, and it belies a high level of arrogance and condescension.

We should let EVERYONE (i.e., all ages), and especially those over 65, decide for themselves whether they want to self-isolate.  And then your question would (at least, should) eventually be, how many of each camp died from COVID?  To which the ultimate answer (which might have some actual scientific value) will remain unknown for some time, but at least in the interim the world can move on.  Besides, we all end up dead anyway.  Will the last one standing -- once you're done pointing at all of our graves and gloating at having been "right" -- please remember to turn out the lights?

I've said it before, America was built on self-determination, choices, and risks.  I'll be damned if I tell "them" what to do or what's good for "them."

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, dynato said:

Logistically, Manitoba only needs to lock down and provide support to one city to keep the virus in check. And it looks like they are going to lock down province wide for about a month now.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6758587-As-Manitoba-locks-down-North-Dakota-doctors-call-for-business-closures

Now that you were wrong about testing do you realize that there is no way to stop the virus from spreading?  Its hit the upper midwest and is now it's in Canada.  No, it's cannot be explained by "mask usage" and "personal responsibility" of the people in each area.  It was coming and was gonna do it's thing to varying degrees.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, dynato said:

Cause you and I both know the probability of that happening is nil......even with this year's version of the smallpox blankets. 

That's like saying if an earthquake dropped the entire state of California into the ocean how many California's would die? 

18 minutes ago, dynato said:

It depends on the model you use to determine the true number of infections.  I think you can conservatively estimate the true number of infections to be about 4X the number of cases, although some models put the number as high as 10x.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Cause you and I both know the probability of that happening is nil......even with this year's  version of the smallpox blanket. 

That's like saying if an earthquake  dropped the entire state of California how many California's would die? 

That's exactly what many of you have been proposing for a while, that we want to let the virus be virus, no precautions, no personal responsibility, no freedoms suppressed, let it spread to everyone willy nilly. That is the basis for the model you continually mock, yet it sounds like you agree that we would easily reach 74,000 deaths if those conditions were met.

Just now, dynato said:

That's exactly what many of you have been proposing for a while, that we want to let the virus be virus, no precautions, no personal responsibility, no freedoms suppressed, let it spread to everyone willy nilly. That is the basis for the model you continually mock, yet it sounds like you agree that we would easily reach 74,000 deaths if those conditions were met.

That does not sound accurate at all lol

24 minutes ago, dynato said:

All of them sooner or later. 

Human mortality rate: 100%

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, dynato said:

Logistically, Manitoba only needs to lock down and provide support to one city to keep the virus in check. And it looks like they are going to lock down province wide for about a month now.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6758587-As-Manitoba-locks-down-North-Dakota-doctors-call-for-business-closures

And a month from now when everybody comes back out from hiding, cases will spike. Just kicking the can down the road.