SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ed Rollins says it is over.  

Why?

Because Dear Leader and his cult are hated and insane.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/13/election-poll-biden-leads-trump-17-points

Biden leads Trump by 17 points as election race enters final stage

With election day just three weeks away and millions of votes already cast, some Republicans fear a rout in the races for the presidency, Senate and House of Representatives. Ed Rollins, who advises a pro-Trump super political action committee, told the New York Times: “The president’s political environment is terrible. It’s an uphill battle.”

Asked by the Times if Trump can still turn things around, Rollins replied: “It’s cooked.”

Nothing is over

21 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Peaceful protest is more than possible.  Over 90% of protests this summer were peaceful.  Don't be violent and don't be stupid. 

But, similar to the fringe left, your hero chose violence.  Info on this clown isn’t hard to obtain.    Darwin wins again!!  

Are you justifying this shooting? 

8 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ed Rollins says it is over.  

Why?

Because Dear Leader and his cult are hated and insane.  

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/13/election-poll-biden-leads-trump-17-points

Biden leads Trump by 17 points as election race enters final stage

With election day just three weeks away and millions of votes already cast, some Republicans fear a rout in the races for the presidency, Senate and House of Representatives. Ed Rollins, who advises a pro-Trump super political action committee, told the New York Times: “The president’s political environment is terrible. It’s an uphill battle.”

Asked by the Times if Trump can still turn things around, Rollins replied: “It’s cooked.”

I’m contemplating if Trump has given up.   He’s getting slaughtered in the polls, yet still chooses to pander to his base only.  From all indications the suburban, woman and elderly vote is slipping away, yet he won't debate Biden, has wasted several advantageous political opportunities, is pulling adds from key battleground states, and still refuses to reach-out to lukewarm Republican 'never Trumpers'.    All he's doing is preaching to the converted with his rallies and appearances on Hannity/Limbaugh.        

I’m thinking Trump is either thoroughly delusional, or, as the brilliant salesman he is, foresees a losing outcome and is maintaining popularity with his base for future business ventures.   Unlike 2016, his political game makes no sense whatsoever .  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Goon said:

Are you justifying this shooting? 

Whether the shooting was justified will be decided in court; same for Rittenhouse.  But that doesn’t nullify that this dude dug his own grave by embracing needless violence.  New video shows him initiating the confrontation.  I guess he didn't like cameras.     That's quite the upstanding 'patriot' you guys are defending. 

22 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I’m questioning if Trump has actually given up.   He’s getting slaughtered in the polls yet he still chooses to only pander to his base.    At this point no undecideds are gonna be swayed by a Trump rally, or what he says on Hannity or Limbaugh.  From all indications the suburban, woman and elderly vote is slipping away from him, yet he's wasted advantageous political opportunities, won’t debate Biden, is pulling adds from key battleground states, and still refuses to reach-out to lukewarm Republicans 'never Trumpers'.        

I’m thinking he’s either thoroughly delusional, or (as the brilliant salesman he is) sees the writing on the wall and is retaining his base popularity for future business ventures.   Unlike 2016, his political game makes no sense at all.  

This tweet is the one that is most puzzling...at least today.   Trump is bleeding senior votes with his Covid-19 inaction and rhetoric.  Yet, desperate especially in Florida to stop the bleeding of senior support, he tweets this?  

In turn he's scaring away suburban women with his rhetoric about the myth of the black horde moving in as some kind of crime syndicate.

You could be right.  Maybe he wants to lose? 

34366154-8837095-On_Tuesday_after_his_Pennsylvania_rally_Trump_tweeted_a_meme_sug-a-12_1602644881442.jpg

That's actually hilarious, but then again I'm not 90.:D         

But yeah, the cult followers will eat it up.  But what about the elderly population (being ravaged by Covid) that Trump desperately needs?   Trump's off his rocker, or on his meds.    

• Upvote 2

So the NYT (never Biased)  reports polls that Trump is losing seniors.

Final 2016 polls among seniors, per @NYTupshot  average: Trump 49%, Clinton 44% 

September 2020 polls among seniors, per my average: Biden 51%, Trump 46%

October 2020 polls among seniors, average so far: Biden 54%, Trump 43%

Let's see if this plays well.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So the NYT (never Biased)  reports polls that Trump is losing seniors.

Final 2016 polls among seniors, per @NYTupshot  average: Trump 49%, Clinton 44% 

September 2020 polls among seniors, per my average: Biden 51%, Trump 46%

October 2020 polls among seniors, average so far: Biden 54%, Trump 43%

Let's see if this plays well.

Remember the times motto though...

"If we print it enough, it might come true"

• Upvote 1

So two town halls tomorrow.  Biden has one and Trump has one.  Which candidate will have the most viewers?

Watch Biden how many softball questions and times he forgets that he is running for President.

Watch Trump to see how many Biden supports are claiming to be undecided.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

So two town halls tomorrow.  Biden has one and Trump has one.  Which candidate will have the most viewers?

Watch Biden how many softball questions and times he forgets that he is running for President.

Watch Trump to see how many Biden supports are claiming to be undecided.

Most viewers, basically will come down to which campaign has more bot farms engaged.

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I saw a wolf 60 miles NW of GF yesterday at the hunting cabin.
Many coyotes in the area, but probably not for much longer?

Wow! One of the good things about hunting is at least you have your firearm in case one of these animals decides to stand their ground. Doesn't look like this guy had a gun. Was it a Timberwolf?

I see shclossman is posting a lot of political stuff  and Covid on this site in his tweets

i don’t mind if he posts as a person on a political site but as a sports writer I don’t care what he thinks about those subjects On this site

i don’t care what politicians or Drs. Think about sports either

he is getting to be too much like the NBA and fans aren’t watching the NBA much anymore

I like his coverage of hockey 

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

I see shclossman is posting a lot of political stuff  and Covid on this site in his tweets

i don’t mind if he posts as a person on a political site but as a sports writer I don’t care what he thinks about those subjects On this site

i don’t care what politicians or Drs. Think about sports either

he is getting to be too much like the NBA and fans aren’t watching the NBA much anymore

I like his coverage of hockey 

He is a democrat writer/columnist.  Just like the other 95% of columnists around the country.  

What he fails to address is what is the death/capita when compared to the age/capita of that state and then what age group is dying? 

Does ND have more elderly per capita than other states?