SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 Recruiting

UNDBIZ

20 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Good. Glad to see locals get a chance to shine

also like how bubba did it grows a fan base locally

eont grow a fan base in Michigan 

Present roster has 4 girls from ND; 8 girls from MN; 1 from Iowa. Considering there aren’t that many DI players from ND, that seems pretty local. 

10 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

Present roster has 4 girls from ND; 8 girls from MN; 1 from Iowa. Considering there aren’t that many DI players from ND, that seems pretty local. 

I think he is talking about all the new scholarship offers are going to Michigan girls.  The current roster was recruited by Coach Brewster.  The 5 freshman were heralded as the future of UND basketball and I think they took a step back this year other then Megan Zander 

Let's review that class which were sophomores this year or Freshman repeats with current year not counting. Zander made some improvement this year but her shooting is still needs work with her struggling games to reach 30% and her outside shot was not there for the most of the season. Manson the next one is under sized both height and physically in that she gets pushed around because of her size but she is quick enough to play and if she gets good look can hit outside three. I think she will continue to struggle at division I level but i could be wrong if she is used properly. Borowicz the next recruit was hurt much of the season so hard to know where we stand here but when she did return did make impact at guard. I think she can play and most suited for the off guard but can play point some too. Kepler this year was missing in action played less than 5 minutes of the first game and never to be heard from again. She showed signs of being the off guard that could hit the 3 as Freshman but have to believe her future at UND may be in question. Especially when have not heard or seen much of her this past year. Lane after being hurt for large portion of the year still made big impact and definitely can become elite player for UND. I think she can improve and become force on inside for UND in the future. Van Lou played at the beginning of season and got hurt for later part of the season. She has some nice moves inside but on defense struggles to be quick enough to defend but has place on team as back up because of her size and presence in the middle. Overall this class has not over achieved but we have some very good building pieces if they continue to improve and its like they got redshirt year this year but also got the playing time. We still need to find point guard and power forward that is dominate in that you can look to either create a points or set somebody up and the same is true for the point guard. These needs i believe will need to be filled by recruiting not very likely players of this type are in the transfer portal and wanting to go to mid-major.

I am glad to see that she is looking to upgrade us at point guard and video on her looks like she is really fast. She is on smaller side but quickness is just valuable asset especially at guard but time will only tell how this recruit works out but i do think this very positive move in right direction. I thought Bernhard recruited several girls last year but i guess their doing this from when she was full head coach. I wonder if she goes for more high school recruits or will she get some needs from the portal.

16 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I am glad to see that she is looking to upgrade us at point guard and video on her looks like she is really fast. She is on smaller side but quickness is just valuable asset especially at guard but time will only tell how this recruit works out but i do think this very positive move in right direction. I thought Bernhard recruited several girls last year but i guess their doing this from when she was full head coach. I wonder if she goes for more high school recruits or will she get some needs from the portal.

I'm guessing there are no 2021 high school grads left who could help a team. I also figure most portal gets will have 2 years left. So portal players this year but lots of spots for high school recruits in next couple years. 

• 4 weeks later...

Texas Tech Andrayah Adams committs to UND. 5'10" guard

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/01/05/texas-tech-basketball-lady-raiders-match-weapons-oklahoma/6551348002/

"The Lady Raiders have won four games in a row against Oklahoma. Last season, Tech prevailed 89-84 in overtime in Lubbock and 106-94 in Norman, Oklahoma, with guard Andrayah Adams leading the way in both games with 29 points. Adams has played in only two games this season, none since Dec. 9."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, Nodak78 said:

Texas Tech Andrayah Adams committs to UND. 5'10" guard

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/football/2021/01/05/texas-tech-basketball-lady-raiders-match-weapons-oklahoma/6551348002/

"The Lady Raiders have won four games in a row against Oklahoma. Last season, Tech prevailed 89-84 in overtime in Lubbock and 106-94 in Norman, Oklahoma, with guard Andrayah Adams leading the way in both games with 29 points. Adams has played in only two games this season, none since Dec. 9."

What happened to this transfer?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hurst had 27 points, 17 rebounds, and 6 blocks in a win against Beaver Dam.

I'm so excited to see this class of freshman get on campus next year. 

Looks like a recruiting class that has the potential to turn the program around overnight.  Exceptional job of recruiting.  It would be nice to start challenging the South Dakota schools.

• Like 1