SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 Recruiting

UNDBIZ

• 2 weeks later...

Another offer to a MI soph-to-be:

PG Brooke Daniels, 5'6", Macomb (L'Anse Creuse North), MI   Has offer from Wayne St

Started as a freshman and was 2nd team All-East.  It appears a lot of schools will be after her over the next three years!

• 8 months later...

New offer to a MN guard.  She averaged 17 as a sophomore.  Very good article on her attached.  You will see the lead picture on the article is a picture of her and the Jarnots.  Hopefully, that connection will help us land her!  https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geK.DbWXZeCyAAQZxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEybnJ2YzV0BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDQjkzMjVfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1584843355/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.prepgirlshoops.com%2f2019%2f09%2fits-labor-day-and-shes-the-hardest-working-player-i-know%2f/RK=2/RS=CellVTSLD_UHri_ulJSqSllts6g-

G Makayla Aumer, 5'9", Mora (Cambridge-Isanti), MN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hambone said:

Also offered Emma Trombly out of Port Huron, MI today.  6'1" forward.   She's a 2021.

Trombly averaged 13.5 points and 9 rebounds as a junior.  She was named 1st Team - All East Detroit. 

Another '21 (Kailee Davis) that we offered a few weeks ago was 1st Team - All Detroit.  She is a teammate of the Taylor Anderson, the '22 we offered yesterday.  

It would be great (but unlikely) if we could develop a pipeline of good players coming out of Detroit!  Coach Motherwell has strong connections in MI so it could happen.

• Upvote 2

Mallory is staying busy....

PG Jayda Bowen, 5'7",  Crete (Crete-Monee), IL  Has offers from Wright St, Coppin St & Niagara.  Averaged 11.6 and 3+ assists as a sophomore.

We actually offered a '24 PF from Minnetonka - not sure if we have ever offered (in any sport) an athlete that young in the past.  I like being this aggressive.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, UND Fan said:

New offer:

G Hilary Myers, 5'11", Parma (Western), MI  Averaged 13/game as a freshman and about 18 as a sophomore.  This year's team went 18-2 before the season was cut short.  It appears this is her first offer.

I didn't see a Hilary Myers on the roster but did see a Hilary Griffin.

• 2 weeks later...

An offer to a SG who plays for perennial power DeLaSalle in the Cities.  She averaged just under 14 points as a sophomore - an excellent shooter (45% from the field and 87% from the line).  This is her first offer.  I like our aggressiveness going after young talent throughout the upper Midwest.

SG Sydney Runsewe, 5'9", Minneapolis (DeLaSalle), MN

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We continue to expand our recruiting with an offer to a prospect from the Pittsburgh area:

SF Emma Theodorsson, 6'1", Moon Township (Moon Area), PA  Has offers from Navy, Robert Morris, Lafayette & WMU

Averaged 12 as a freshman and 15 last year along with 7 rpg and 5 blocks.  That is a lot of blocks for a wing player.