SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

South Dakota high school basketball: Class A & B boys state qualifiers (argusleader.com)

This link has the streams for the SoDak 16 tonight if anyone wants to check out Bruns.

They take on the Redman of Sisseton for the right to go to state. 

The sites of the games are kind of interesting..  it looks like they split the travel distance between the two schools..  I wonder if they will travel back after the game.

No. 2 Dakota Valley vs. No. 15 Sisseton, 7 p.m. (Centerville)

9 minutes ago, FSSD said:

The sites of the games are kind of interesting..  it looks like they split the travel distance between the two schools..  I wonder if they will travel back after the game.

No. 2 Dakota Valley vs. No. 15 Sisseton, 7 p.m. (Centerville)

I think Centerville is closer to N. Sioux City (where Dakota Valley is) than Sisseton, but I get the point they are trying to do. 

I do like their setup that allows stronger regions to have more than 1 team make it to state potentially instead of having 1 team from every region. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

What are your thoughts of Bruns?  You think he can be a good player in the Summit eventually?

Yes I do.  Likely needs to get a little stronger and needs to improve his defense.  Not saying that he is going to be either one, but he plays in the same conference that AJ Plitzuweit & Noah Friedel played in.

10 hours ago, goyotes said:

Yes I do.  Likely needs to get a little stronger and needs to improve his defense.  Not saying that he is going to be either one, but he plays in the same conference that AJ Plitzuweit & Noah Friedel played in.

I had those comps in my mind last night but thought it was a bridge too far.  If he is half as good as those 2, UND will take it.

58 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Man I have really wanted Parker Fox since Sather came here. Reading some articles I would guess he ends up at a bigger school though. I also wish Tommy Chatman made his way up here.

Won't be surprised if Fox ends up at Minnesota.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, F'n Hawks said:

Is Parker Fox a high major guy or would UND have a shot at him? Obviously the connection with Sather will help.

I saw him play a game in TC Pro Am summer league two summers ago.  Stood out there among some really good basketball players.  Quinton Hooker and Tyus Jones were on his same team although Tyus didn't play the night we were there.

7 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I saw him play a game in TC Pro Am summer league two summers ago.  Stood out there among some really good basketball players.  Quinton Hooker and Tyus Jones were on his same team although Tyus didn't play the night we were there.

Sather and staff are absolutely recruiting Fox hard but he has been contacted by many Power 5 schools so the likelihood of our landing him is not good!