SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

40 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I put probably too much stock into twitter and who follows who but looks like the staff and Drew Wyman, a 6'5" G/F from Great Falls, MT, have followed each other recently.

I watched some of his highlights.  He looks like a interesting prospect.  I seen he had offers from Niagara and incarnate word. No Montana offers .  

On 3/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, UND Fan said:

Sather and staff are absolutely recruiting Fox hard but he has been contacted by many Power 5 schools so the likelihood of our landing him is not good!

Fox is having a Zoom with Johnson tomorrow night!

Just now, Hambone said:

You beat me to the punch!  Averaged 16.5 ppg, 5 rebounds and 3 assists at Snow.  Like that he would have four years.  Can shoot it from 3 a little bit.  Seems like the Sims replacement but with more offense. 

On 4/1/2021 at 12:55 PM, Hambone said:

Looks like trying to get his teammate too. 

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND has offered this JUCO from West Texas

Isaac Mushila - Western Texas College (wtcathletics.com)

6'5 Forward: Averaging a double-double

It is interesting that he scored 15.7 ppg and 11.3 rbg while only playing an average of less than 29 minutes per game.  Looks like his real talent is going to the basket and rebounding.  He did shoot 50% from the 3 but only took 17 shots from that length during the season.

31 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It is interesting that he scored 15.7 ppg and 11.3 rbg while only playing an average of less than 29 minutes per game.  Looks like his real talent is going to the basket and rebounding.  He did shoot 50% from the 3 but only took 17 shots from that length during the season.

Looks like he gets to the foul line alot. Tells me he takes it to the rim.  Shoots a good percentage too.  Let's get him !!! 

I think we picked up a commitment from Brendan Howard a 6’6” grad transfer from Montana State Billings. Averaged 20 and 7 as a sophomore, not sure if they played in 2020-21. He previously played at EWU. His twitter bio says University of North Dakota, only reason I picked up on it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think we picked up a commitment from Brendan Howard a 6’6” grad transfer from Montana State Billings. Averaged 20 and 7 as a sophomore, not sure if they played in 2020-21. He previously played at EWU. His twitter bio says University of North Dakota, only reason I picked up on it. 

They hope to have a firm commitment from Howard in the next few days. 

I was looking at verbal commits so far the offers that Simms and Ihenacho have received look to be pretty much lateral move to me. The question i have is they say one time move without sitting out a season so if they want to move after this will they have to sit for year unless their graduate transfer. If this is the case why would use up this option if your only going to move laterally especially for Ihenacho where his upside potential looks like he could become highly rated player. The Summit conference is as good mid major conference to develop your talent and if you want to go to power 5 school. I just think he was premature on transferring unless he just can't  stand being in Grand Forks. I wonder if number of the transfer this year are going to turn out to be move in wrong direction and ultimate goal of getting good education paid for to start in the real world. I think Rebraca transfer is being done for right reasons he can get top education from playing basketball and he may have opportunity to play in big dance at power 5 school. This why fully understand and support Rebraca move and kids like him making best of their college careers they will be real winners of playing college athletics.

21 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

I was looking at verbal commits so far the offers that Simms and Ihenacho have received look to be pretty much lateral move to me. The question i have is they say one time move without sitting out a season so if they want to move after this will they have to sit for year unless their graduate transfer. If this is the case why would use up this option if your only going to move laterally especially for Ihenacho where his upside potential looks like he could become highly rated player. The Summit conference is as good mid major conference to develop your talent and if you want to go to power 5 school. I just think he was premature on transferring unless he just can't  stand being in Grand Forks. I wonder if number of the transfer this year are going to turn out to be move in wrong direction and ultimate goal of getting good education paid for to start in the real world. I think Rebraca transfer is being done for right reasons he can get top education from playing basketball and he may have opportunity to play in big dance at power 5 school. This why fully understand and support Rebraca move and kids like him making best of their college careers they will be real winners of playing college athletics.

I heard on ESPN yesterday 2000 projected in the transfer portal.  Now you add in HS grads.  Plus seniors playing another year.  It won't be a good move for some players.  That is why I think DAE made a lateral move.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

They hope to have a firm commitment from Howard in the next few days. 

Well let's hope it happens! He looks like he would be a good get. Was tabbed as preseason freshman of the year in the Big Sky by one publication but redshirted. Bobcat fans seem like they were pretty upset when they missed on him the first time around and were now thinking he would be a nice get. Very decorated player.

I believe most of the transfers will be lateral as is indicated by the stats on the WBB blog.  The group I see gaining the most out of the transfer rule is AAU, elite camps, recruiting blogs, etc. as they can be continue to be representatives of players after they commit from high school.

57 minutes ago, planet2county said:

I believe most of the transfers will be lateral as is indicated by the stats on the WBB blog.  The group I see gaining the most out of the transfer rule is AAU, elite camps, recruiting blogs, etc. as they can be continue to be representatives of players after they commit from high school.

For the low major schools, mostly lateral.  The high majors will fill holes with the better players moving up