SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

We have offered Reese Burkhard, another Aberdeen Central player.  He is a 6'8", 200 center who will be a junior next year.  

I am a big believer that Sather will do a great job for us so this is just an observation, not a criticism - we have now offered two Central players.  Central won a total of 4 games last year.  Obviously, Sather would be very familiar with these kids plus they were at our camp this week.  I am comfortable that both deserved their offers.

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

We have offered Reese Burkhard, another Aberdeen Central player.  He is a 6'8", 200 center who will be a junior next year.  

I am a big believer that Sather will do a great job for us so this is just an observation, not a criticism - we have now offered two Central players.  Central won a total of 4 games last year.  Obviously, Sather would be very familiar with these kids plus they were at our camp this week.  I am comfortable that both deserved their offers.

I wonder how much Roncali pulls away from Central in regards to basketball talent (they are usually pretty good team in Class B and in the NEC).  From what I have read they should be two of the better players in the EDC this year.  I think the issues last year was they were very inexperienced and in that conference, that is a recipe for a long season. 

It is interesting that he is already hitting SD hard, which I don't remember the last offer UND has made to a SoDak kid before Sather came aboard. 

15 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Coach Sather and Reece's dad, Kevin, would have been teammates at Northern St.  Also Reece's grandpa, John Burckhard,  played BB for UND in the 60's.  

48 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

Coach Sather and Reece's dad, Kevin, would have been teammates at Northern St.  Also Reece's grandpa, John Burckhard,  played BB for UND in the 60's.  

Thanks for the info - I was wondering if he might have been related to John. 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

I have never dunked a basketball 

who here has and if so at what age 

First time i saw someone do it in person was in 6th grade I was playing basketball for West Elementary (go Warriors!!), someone from Lake Agassiz dunked the ball during warmups. We were like "holy crap".

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 1:17 PM, darell1976 said:

First time i saw someone do it in person was in 6th grade I was playing basketball for West Elementary (go Warriors!!), someone from Lake Agassiz dunked the ball during warmups. We were like "holy crap".

At my sons recent 14 Yr AAU game this summer, 2 kids from a Chicago team were dunking it.   

On 6/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

I have never dunked a basketball 

who here has and if so at what age 

First time I got a dunk down was summer time between my Sophomore and Junior year of high school. After that summer I really wasn't able to get a dunk down clean without a little stickem sprayed on the ball. As our High School coach said in reference to my 2 brothers and me....42 inch vertical in that family, unfortunately it is divided up 36, 4, and 2. My youngest brother who played point guard had 8 or 9 dunks his senior season. He is 6-1. My other non dunking brother is also about 6-1, I was about 6-3 in High School and grew an inch after I went to college....still couldn't dunk.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...