SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

1 hour ago, bballfan said:

So what are the biggest holes that still need to be filled in your opinions?  It looks like they have really emphasized wing type players so far this spring. I’m hoping for a true pg with some experience and a big. 

They need a big more that I would say a PG.  They do have players that can handle the ball if necessary.  Bigs are still a little thin at the moment.  You have G, Sueker, and an incoming McGrath. 

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Without question, this has to be the hardest that the basketball program has ever hit the JUCO route for offers.  

This is the year to do it because they all have 3 years of eligibility left. Get their freshman years out of the way and get them for the best years of their careers. Still time to mold them into the players you want. 

15 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

What's your assessment for next season, now that the team is essentially complete?

I like what they have done to address their shooting concerns, players that can play multiple spots in the lineup, and some nice size added to the lineup.  Going with a mix of JUCO, HS, and a D2 player was a solid plan.   I like that Howard and Norman can play multiple positions.  I love the length of McGrath and Mathews and the shooting of Bruns and Grant.

Definitely some guys that can play a physical style, which they will need against Rocky/Nelson/Morgan of NDSU, Obanor of ORU, Tasos and Zizic of USD, and Wilson, Appel, and Dentilinger of SDSU. 

Is this team going to need time to gel? Yes, but it will be less than last year.  Good to have Panoam back for his extra year, but a full offseason for Nero and Sueker will do wonders for both of them (Both will probably be starters).  Hopefully Igbanugo will continue to get better and hopefully something clicks for Brady and G this offseason.  You got 6 players who have started at some points in their careers, have been in the system for 2+ years, etc. 

I think with what they have, I think they should be able to compete for a top 4 spot again.  Outside of NDSU, SDSU, and ORU... there really isn't another established team (if AJ didn't get hurt, USD would be that 4th team).  WIU might be the best of the bunch right now, KC needs to reboot a little but still has Allick, DU and Omaha are in total rebuild modes, USD will still be solid but replacing Umude and AJ will be a lot and UST is not going to be a pushover (I wouldn't be shocked if they finished around lower-mid pack in Year 1).   UND has improved one spot every year and has improved their conference record by 1 win every year so following that logic...

I want to see what they do with the other 2 scholarships (I am hoping they can land Mushila with one of them.  I don't care what level you are at, if you can grab 10 rebounds a game at 6'5, that's a great motor.).  Then I might have a better idea of lineups and potential rotations. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I like what they have done to address their shooting concerns, players that can play multiple spots in the lineup, and some nice size added to the lineup.  Going with a mix of JUCO, HS, and a D2 player was a solid plan.   I like that Howard and Norman can play multiple positions.  I love the length of McGrath and Mathews and the shooting of Bruns and Grant.

Definitely some guys that can play a physical style, which they will need against Rocky/Nelson/Morgan of NDSU, Obanor of ORU, Tasos and Zizic of USD, and Wilson, Appel, and Dentilinger of SDSU. 

Is this team going to need time to gel? Yes, but it will be less than last year.  Good to have Panoam back for his extra year, but a full offseason for Nero and Sueker will do wonders for both of them (Both will probably be starters).  Hopefully Igbanugo will continue to get better and hopefully something clicks for Brady and G this offseason.  You got 6 players who have started at some points in their careers, have been in the system for 2+ years, etc. 

I think with what they have, I think they should be able to compete for a top 4 spot again.  Outside of NDSU, SDSU, and ORU... there really isn't another established team (if AJ didn't get hurt, USD would be that 4th team).  WIU might be the best of the bunch right now, KC needs to reboot a little but still has Allick, DU and Omaha are in total rebuild modes, USD will still be solid but replacing Umude and AJ will be a lot and UST is not going to be a pushover (I wouldn't be shocked if they finished around lower-mid pack in Year 1).   UND has improved one spot every year and has improved their conference record by 1 win every year so following that logic...

I want to see what they do with the other 2 scholarships (I am hoping they can land Mushila with one of them.  I don't care what level you are at, if you can grab 10 rebounds a game at 6'5, that's a great motor.).  Then I might have a better idea of lineups and potential rotations. 

Good assessment.  Thanks.   I think that Coach Sather has done well in the rebuild so far, considering all that he has had to replace.  I'm sure that he never saw this coming.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's ur guess?

I unfortunately don't have a good feel and none of the three offers that UND has at the moment has given a clue if they have committed.

I'd love to say it would be Mushila.  I just really want that work ethic and motor on the team. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I unfortunately don't have a good feel and none of the three offers that UND has at the moment has given a clue if they have committed.

I'd love to say it would be Mushila.  I just really want that work ethic and motor on the team. 

Agree if we get Mushila our team will have a higher ceiling than last years team for sure.

• Like 1