SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

On 4/18/2020 at 2:28 PM, UND Fan said:

Bruns may develop into a very good ball player for us.  His younger brother is also very talented.

He is an athlete. Hell of a baseball player also. He makes everybody around him better.  I have seen him since he was a freshman and he keeps getting better and bigger.  His younger brother is going to be same kind of player.  

5 hours ago, Hambone said:

A 2021 big with offers from IUPUI and SIU-E.

I understand that UND was really hoping to land the Lien kid from Ulen.  With Lien deciding to go the prep school route for his senior season, that probably means he wants to play at a higher DI level.  

McGrath appears to have very good upside potential but will probably need a redshirt season to mature and put on some weight (only 185 now).  He averaged 6 ppg and 6 rpg as a junior on a team that went 24-2 last year. 

• Like 1

Positive comments about '21 commit Bruns from last weekend:

Paul Bruns of South Dakota Attack (6'4).

This winter Bruns earned all state for a 25.3 point and 8.3 rebound per game average in one of the toughest leagues in South Dakota. He shot 53 percent from the floor and did that while commonly leading his team in assists. Bruns is the second ranked 2021 in South Dakota following Wisconsin committed Matthew Mors (not in Ames this weekend because of injury) and we thought he could of possibly earned double digit D1 offers this spring/summer but Paul liked what he had in a North Dakota offer so he accepted it. This weekend Bruns was often guarded by Tre Holloman of Howard Pulley and Chucky Hepburn of Team Factory, and managed to lead his team to wins over both teams from the point guard position (the Attack went 3-1 overall). This weekend Paul once again showed why I commonly state he is one of the best rebounding guards I have ever seen. He pulled down 14 boards against Pulley, dished out five assists, and scored seven of his 16 in a late second half run that helped push his team to a one score victory. Paul will play a lot of shooting guard in college scoring with his high percentage shooting but this weekend he showed that if needed, he can take care of the ball at times against good players too. And by the way, after returning home to Dakota Valley after a weekend of basketball, Bruns then went and hit a three run home run for his baseball team Monday night winning that game too.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Positive comments about '21 commit Bruns from last weekend:

Paul Bruns of South Dakota Attack (6'4).

This winter Bruns earned all state for a 25.3 point and 8.3 rebound per game average in one of the toughest leagues in South Dakota. He shot 53 percent from the floor and did that while commonly leading his team in assists. Bruns is the second ranked 2021 in South Dakota following Wisconsin committed Matthew Mors (not in Ames this weekend because of injury) and we thought he could of possibly earned double digit D1 offers this spring/summer but Paul liked what he had in a North Dakota offer so he accepted it. This weekend Bruns was often guarded by Tre Holloman of Howard Pulley and Chucky Hepburn of Team Factory, and managed to lead his team to wins over both teams from the point guard position (the Attack went 3-1 overall). This weekend Paul once again showed why I commonly state he is one of the best rebounding guards I have ever seen. He pulled down 14 boards against Pulley, dished out five assists, and scored seven of his 16 in a late second half run that helped push his team to a one score victory. Paul will play a lot of shooting guard in college scoring with his high percentage shooting but this weekend he showed that if needed, he can take care of the ball at times against good players too. And by the way, after returning home to Dakota Valley after a weekend of basketball, Bruns then went and hit a three run home run for his baseball team Monday night winning that game too.

Holy buckets!  Nice work Sather.  Glad to see that part about rebounds and especially taking care of the ball.  Our turnover numbers and ball control really need to improve, and it sounds like Bruns will help!   And he's already 6'3" - could still grow a bit!  Thanks for posting this.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, Nodak78 said:

I agree.  

to's are such a killer...those last few years of brew ball were almost unwatchable with so many pointless stupid to's...hooker i think took care of the ball but marlon could have some off games...will be fun to see the weber transfer (assuming starting point guard?)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

to's are such a killer...those last few years of brew ball were almost unwatchable with so many pointless stupid to's...hooker i think took care of the ball but marlon could have some off games...will be fun to see the weber transfer (assuming starting point guard?)

I would expect Nero to run the show, yes. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...