SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-2021 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I can’t wait until Bruns gets on campus next year. 

Pretty confident in his talent? I saw USD fans wondering how they lost out on him on their board. Asking how you can want to be in GF for a winter but trust me it’s much better than Verm anytime. Sources: my wife went there 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Pretty confident in his talent? I saw USD fans wondering how they lost out on him on their board. Asking how you can want to be in GF for a winter but trust me it’s much better than Verm anytime. Sources: my wife went there 

22 points and 17 rebounds tonight against Tea Area, that’s pretty good. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Decided to look up some stats on our Incoming players for next year

Bruns 30.2 ppg, 48 apg, 12.7 rpg.  Dakota Valley is 6-0 and sits #1 in Class A in South Dakota.  

I couldn't find any stats on McGrath.

Is Reid Grant still coming?

It seems like Grant is still coming. Still has it listed he’s a commit and retweeted the win last night. Gotta think it’s an open spot thing right now on our end with this season not counting towards eligibility. 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:09 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Decided to look up some stats on our Incoming players for next year

Bruns 30.2 ppg, 48 apg, 12.7 rpg.  Dakota Valley is 6-0 and sits #1 in Class A in South Dakota.  

I couldn't find any stats on McGrath.

Is Reid Grant still coming?

McGrath is averaging 10-12 ppg, a similar number of rpg along with 7-8 blocked shots per game. His team is also undefeated and has other good talent so he doesn’t “need” to score a lot. Very thin - he will need a couple of years for his body and game to mature before he will contribute for us. 

11 hours ago, UND Fan said:

McGrath is averaging 10-12 ppg, a similar number of rpg along with 7-8 blocked shots per game. His team is also undefeated and has other good talent so he doesn’t “need” to score a lot. Very thin - he will need a couple of years for his body and game to mature before he will contribute for us. 

he won't be a scorer but will definitely be a defensive guy that they can have hanging around the lane.  That's ALOT of blocked shots!

7 hours ago, UND1983 said:

he won't be a scorer but will definitely be a defensive guy that they can have hanging around the lane.  That's ALOT of blocked shots!

Prep Hoops Wisconsin on Twitter: "North Dakota commit Gavin McGrath had himself a block party at @MWPlayerClassic. @gavinmcgrath13 @coachcraigkowal @WisconsinPGC https://t.co/AvLdzsnYCE" / Twitter

10 blocks!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Tonight or Friday night.    thanks

Game was Thursday night, but it appears that it is archived on the same site as the above link.  Bruns' Dakota Valley team was ranked #1 in Class A in SD coming into the game, but was upset by a real good Sioux Falls Christian team by the score of 92-72.   Bruns put up 44 points, including 7 3-pointers.

34 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Game was Thursday night, but it appears that it is archived on the same site as the above link.  Bruns' Dakota Valley team was ranked #1 in Class A in SD coming into the game, but was upset by a real good Sioux Falls Christian team by the score of 92-72.   Bruns put up 44 points, including 7 3-pointers.

I should really temper my expectations for him but I’m very excited to watch him play next year.

1 hour ago, goyotes said:

Thanks

I watched part of the game he's got talent but he is kid that is going to take time to develop for D I and from what i watched i don't think he's going to make immediate impact and being starter or playing huge minutes his first year.  I think they will need to do quite a bit work in weights to get his strong enough to play defense at the D I  level. I think he's good recruit in long run because he is athletic and show's skill but like all new recruits it will be how he adapts to this level of play and how hard he works  to develop that talent

• 1 month later...

Update on the committed recruits:

Paul Bruns (6'4" G) is averaging over 28 ppg and an incredible 12.6 rpg.  Shooting 50% from the field, 41% from the 3 and 87% at the line.  Dakota Valley is 20-2 and playing Sisseton tonight in the state tourney.  Isaac, Paul's brother is a 6'3" so. guard averaging 24 ppg.  He may end up being the best of the brothers!

Grant Reid (6'3" G) is averaging over 14 ppg along with 4 apg. He is shooting 51% from the 3.  Johnstown is 10-4 and will play in the IA state tourney.

Gavin McGrath (6'11" C) is averaging over 13 ppg, 7 rpg and 2.5 bpg.  He is shooting over 65% from the field and even shoots a few 3's (43%).  At only 200 lbs, he will need to put on a bunch of weight but he must be pretty coordinated as he only has 29 pf in  the 19 games.  He is rated the #13 top recruit in WI.  Onalaska (19-0) will play in the state tourney.  FB player CJ Siegel was instrumental in McGrath's choosing to attend UND. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Update on the committed recruits:

Paul Bruns (6'4" G) is averaging over 28 ppg and an incredible 12.6 rpg.  Shooting 50% from the field, 41% from the 3 and 87% at the line.  Dakota Valley is 20-2 and playing Sisseton tonight in the state tourney.  Isaac, Paul's brother is a 6'3" so. guard averaging 24 ppg.  He may end up being the best of the brothers!

Grant Reid (6'3" G) is averaging over 14 ppg along with 4 apg. He is shooting 51% from the 3.  Johnstown is 10-4 and will play in the IA state tourney.

Gavin McGrath (6'11" C) is averaging over 13 ppg, 7 rpg and 2.5 bpg.  He is shooting over 65% from the field and even shoots a few 3's (43%).  At only 200 lbs, he will need to put on a bunch of weight but he must be pretty coordinated as he only has 29 pf in  the 19 games.  He is rated the #13 top recruit in WI.  Onalaska (19-0) will play in the state tourney.  FB player CJ Siegel was instrumental in McGrath's choosing to attend UND. 

I love those shooting percentages.

Hope Bruns can make it past the SoDak 16 and get to Sioux Falls.  Would like to watch that on TV.